Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    My take at this point: https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/...auvin-verdict/ .

More to come.
    fait accompli
    The culmination of accurate and succinct!

Robespierre would be pleased with this verdict (at least before the mob turned on him).

I just heard the president say some words to the effect that the Chauvin conviction is proof of systemic racism in the police.

So, I guess if a white officer saves a black life tomorrow, it's proof that systemic racism doesn't exist. Stands to reason.

How is it that one man represents all of the police when it satisfies the false narrative...but one man is only one man when it doesn't?

Food for thought.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The politicians need to stop with the virtue signaling.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I just heard the president say some words to the effect that the Chauvin conviction is proof of systemic racism in the police.

So, I guess if a white officer saves a black life tomorrow, it's proof that systemic racism doesn't exist. Stands to reason.

How is it that one man represents all of the police when it satisfies the false narrative...but one man is only one man when it doesn't?

Food for thought.

It’s crazy to watch the death of reason before one’s eyes.

Here's something I don't understand and maybe somebody can shed some light on this.

Arradondo, the first Black police chief in the history of Minneapolis, had previously sued the department for discrimination when he was struggling to rise through the ranks.

He told the jury he “vehemently disagreed” with Chauvin’s actions, the officer had in “no way, shape or form” followed regulations or training policies and had shown a disregard for police principle to respect “the sanctity of life”.

Even if part of the motivation was to scapegoat Chauvin while trying to show how the department has made improvements, it is still rare for a police chief to acknowledge and eject a killer cop, see them prosecuted and then testify against them.

And the department looked bad anyway because Chauvin had worked there for 19 years and had had numerous complaints about brutality made against him, while escaping consequences.

So the level of transparency and accountability demonstrated during the Chauvin case was notable.
    My question is how can a cop like Chauvin work for a PD for 19 years with that kind of damning testimony. Seems a bit odd to me. Maybe the PD should be on trial here and not just one officer.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I’ve got nothing. The jury has spoken. The chips will fall where they are.

Godspeed to America in the new media age.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I already got the call to head to a celebration march in Floyds old hood. It would be a shame if I on-viewed an accident to work before getting to the celebration.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’ve got nothing. The jury has spoken. The chips will fall where they are.

Godspeed to America in the new media age.
    Trials by media and public sentiment from media coverage. Nothing more than the Peoples Court.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People...ourt_(Germany)
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Guess my dad was right, back in 2007, in that I should have picked a different career.

User Tag List