Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    The jury knew what would have happened if they didn't convict. Have a whole country burn or send a cop to the pen? I think that was an easy decision for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    And that isn't justice... that's mob rule. So much for the rule of law.

The inevitable appeal will become quite interesting given the free gift from Demented Maxine.

Site Supporter
    So we are at a point where policing is decided on whether people's feelings are too hurt.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The inevitable appeal will become quite interesting given the free gift from Demented Maxine.

Maybe if courts and due process were a thing still...

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I'm pretty close to that myself. It's confusing to me how meth + fentanyl + heart disease/75-90% blockage of coronary arteries + his own choice to fight the cops does not equal reasonable doubt that the cops caused Floyd's death. I can't help but feel that the jury agreed that one man's life was not worth the elevated risk to themselves and the community from the virtually guaranteed rioting if he was acquitted. If that's what it was, then I can understand their motivation, but ugh, that's not the world I want to be living in.
    I'm not gonna say much about the case except that officer got a lot more against him than I thought.
    However, your reply implies that it's okay to kill people who are sick.
    "He has cancer. He's only got few months to live. 95% dead so doesn't matter if someone kills him".
    Also, people don't walk around with their medical history and other things hanging from their neck for officers to read before deciding how to apprehend someone.

Truth is, we're back to where we were about a century ago, where the prejudices of the mob and the tribal affiliation of the accused meant more than the Rule of Law.

If we get anymore Progressive, we'll be right back to lynchings.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
    No...no, it doesn't.

You rather grossly misunderstand me. Floyd presumably knew all of those things about himself and still chose to fight the cops and put his body under that heightened level of stress. I'm impugning his choices in that moment, not making a blanket statement that it's OK to kill people who are sick.

I'm not gonna say much about the case except that officer got a lot more against him than I thought.
    "He has cancer. He's only got few months to live. 95% dead so doesn't matter if someone kills him".
    Also, people don't walk around with their medical history and other things hanging from their neck for officers to read before deciding how to apprehend someone.
    You appear to have added 2 + 2 and gotten potato... salad, with celery, on board a 44' Lagoon catamaran, with garmin navigation, somewhere off the coast of Tonga which is still suffering from lockdowns, whole wheat natch.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    You rather grossly misunderstand me. Floyd presumably knew all of those things about himself and still chose to fight the cops and put his body under that heightened level of stress. I'm impugning his choices in that moment, not making a blanket statement that it's OK to kill people who are sick.
    Okay. Of course he was not a model citizen.
    If I kill someone and autopsy shows he had 90% organs failing, I won't get off the case so that was my point.
    Anyways, the case has a decision and I was actually expecting less
    We'll see how things wind up in coming weeks.

User Tag List