Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I'm booting up the scanner page links.
    Loading carbine mags, too.

You?
    I’m in Texas... smoking some ribs and chilling.

we don’t really play that shit down here. There will be public gatherings, chanting and bullhorns. But the locals shut things down pretty quick when it gets out of hand. We don’t have a “give them room to destroy” policy.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Verdict in, not announced yet - any minute
    Man that was fast, not sure what to make of this.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I'm booting up the scanner page links.
    Loading carbine mags, too.

You?
    St. Paul one is quiet so far, but I have to imagine that'll change once the verdict is read, and change more once it gets dark out.

I am expressing no opinion on Mr. Chauvin's guilt or "innocence" on any of the charges. I assume the defense sought a change of venue and have heard they sought sequestration of the jury. I am willing to say that I believe that the denial of those requests, coupled with new Minnesota police shooting case, threats of cities "burning," the comments by Biden, Waters and others from the executive and legislative branches, the security measures, the guard, etc., has denied Chauvin a fair trial, assuming he is convicted.

Meanwhile, I am expecting it to be an active news night no matter what.

Site Supporter
    Guilty of all charges.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

EDIT: Same time post.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

This one will be appealed immediately due to Rep. Maxine Waters. Who knew she could be useful?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Guilty of all charges.

A sad day for justice. Chauvin may be no saint, but Floyd is dead because he chose to lead his particular lifestyle.

At least there should only be celebratory rioting tonight. That will be a comfort to the people whose homes and businesses burn.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter

Chauvin trial

Although I think the verdict is likely correct in this case, I would expect the defense to immediately move for a mistrial based on not only the failure to provide the carbon monoxide test results to the defense, but also Maxine Waters’ inflammatory comments. I think the motion would be well-founded, and would not be surprised if it was denied earlier so that the judge could wait to see which verdict the jury returned. If the judge granted a motion for mistrial and the jury would have returned an acquittal, then the judge would not have done the defense any favors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List