Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

I’m really holding my breath on this one. I hope no matter what happens re a verdict, there’s no violence. Unfortunately I don’t see the mob being appeased. In fact short of a conviction of the most serious charge I don’t hold out much hope that we won’t see a repeat of last year’s “mostly peaceful” protests.

I’ll be saying a prayer for our First Responders, as well as all the folks in MSP. Be safe.

He'll get a fair trial and then they'll hang him. How do you select a jury with so much media coverage before a trial? The media has already tried and convicted that dude. Somebody get a rope.

I don't have an opinion either way but he won't get a fair trial, that's for damn sure. How many women are on the jury? That might be his best chance. I don't know because I haven't followed the crime of the century. How many mostly peaceful BLM demonstrations did we see that featured George Floyd as the central figure?
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-31-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m really holding my breath on this one.
    No breath holding here. I'm operating on the assumption that everything is going to go to shit, to include a repeat of the rioting from last year, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it somehow doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    He'll get a fair trial and then they'll hang him. How do you select a jury with so much media coverage before a trial? The media has already tried and convicted that dude. Somebody get a rope.

I don't have an opinion either way but he won't get a fair trial, that's for damn sure. How many women are on the jury? That might be his best chance. I don't know because I haven't followed the crime of the century. How many mostly peaceful BLM demonstrations did we see that featured George Floyd as the central figure?
    I'm thinking your "crime if the century" was sarcasm" and I sure agree.
    How many people die in police custody every year?
    How many people die in police custody every year after ingesting a fatal amount of illegal drugs?

I'm left to wonder, could an actual doctor on the scene have even saved him, let alone that hot-mess of an EMT they have had on the stand.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

No matter what the outcome there will be riots.....This bowel movement is not about GF.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    No matter what the outcome there will be riots.....This bowel movement is not about GF.
    If Chauvin is acquitted, they'll riot in anger, and if he's convicted, they'll riot for joy.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    If Chauvin is acquitted, they'll riot in anger, and if he's convicted, they'll riot for joy.
    Sadly, I tend to believe the same thing.

I can realistically see only one outcome...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

The City, who defunded and then refunded the police, settling with the family for $27m during the trial?
    No way that taints potential jurors, correct?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I can realistically see only one outcome...

They are going to riot either way but the riots will certainly be worse if there is no conviction or a light sentence.

While I freely admit I have not been following the trial, my mind is pretty much made up (of course I have watched enough to see the store clerk trying to put the blame for calling the cops on his boss). I am the first to want to see the process work however I do not believe he will get a fair trial much less verdict. The powers that be will sacrifice this man to appease the mob. It isn’t the first time in our national history and certainly not civilizations history but it makes me sad none the less. Bet he wishes he called in sick that day?

I hope my cynicism is wrong.

User Tag List