Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So for those who have been watching, have the medical experts for the defense been as good as the medical experts for the prosecution?

The MSM coverage is so slanted I can't watch.
    Watching it all day, my opinion is that the medical experts for the defense are being less than effective. The prosecution seems to have a very tight gameplan.

Quote Originally Posted by tjmitchem View Post
    Watching it all day, my opinion is that the medical experts for the defense are being less than effective. The prosecution seems to have a very tight gameplan.
    To use a former member's memorable phraseology, the prosecution is selling grilled prime steak, while the defense is offering boiled allycat.
    Last edited by Joe in PNG; 04-14-2021 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Misspellin'
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    To use a former member's memorable phraseology, the persecution is selling grilled prime steak, while the defense is offering boiled allycat.
    That's what it looks like.

In case anyone is still looking, it looks like both sides have wrapped, and Chauvin took the 5th.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/live-upda...inues-thursday

Closing and deliberation start Monday.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In case anyone is still looking, it looks like both sides have wrapped, and Chauvin took the 5th.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/live-upda...inues-thursday

Closing and deliberation start Monday.
    Fuck. I was hoping this would drag out for another couple weeks. I fly to Washington D.C. on Tuesday and back a week later. Into Reagan and out of Baltimore. I really hope the whole place isn't burning.

The aftermath of this will be spectacular.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    The aftermath of this will be spectacular.
    I guess we will see what we will see. Nothing would surprise me.

Well, I mean, a pardon from Biden would surprise me, but short of that, almost anything is on the table in terms of predictions.

It’s popcorn and rye Manhattan time.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    A guilty verdict will be presented to the court on Monday afternoon, before jurors leave the court one last time.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Regardless of one's thoughts on this case, if charged with a crime Americans are entitled to a competent defense - including expert witnesses. Crap like this could well have a chilling effect on that going forward.

Community Message: Blood Vandalism to House and Santa Rosa Statue

Saturday April 17, 2021, 5:46 PM
    Santa Rosa Police Department

Community: Blood Vandalism to House and Santa Rosa Statue

On Saturday, April 17th, 2021 at 3:07 a.m., Santa Rosa Police responded to a residence in west Santa Rosa that had just been vandalized. The victim called Santa Rosa Police after they were awakened by a group of subjects who threw a pig's head on their front porch and splattered blood on the front of their house. The subjects, dressed in all black, ran away as the victim called the police department.

Officers arrived to find the front of the victim's house smeared with what appeared to be animal blood and a decapitated pig's head near the front porch. The vandalism to the victim's house exceeded $400 making the crime committed by the suspects a felony vandalism. The victim's house was the previous residence of Mr.Barry Brodd. Mr. Brodd recently testified for the defense in Minneapolis Police Officer Derrick Chauvin's trial. It appears the suspects in this vandalism were targeting Mr. Brodd for his testimony. Mr. Brodd has not lived at the residence for a number of years and is no longer a resident of California. Because Mr. Brodd no longer lives in the city of Santa Rosa, it appears the victim was falsely targeted.

Approximately 45 minutes later, a large hand statue in front of the Santa Rosa Plaza mall was vandalized with a similar substance, suspected to be animal blood. The suspects also left a sign in front of the statue which had a picture of a pig and read "Oink Oink." The suspects were seen fleeing the area and matched the descriptions of the suspects who vandalized the house.

Santa Rosa Police Chief Rainer Navarro issued a statement on April 13th following Mr. Brodd's testimony during the Derek Chauvin trial, and stated, "Mr. Brodd's comments do not reflect the values and beliefs of the Santa Rosa Police Department." (View Chief Navarro's April 13th statement: https://srcity.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1416)

The Santa Rosa Police Department is currently conducting further investigation to identify the suspects in these vandalisms. Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that would assist with the investigation is encouraged to contact SRPD through our online Tip Line: www.srcity.org/CrimeTips.

Media inquiries may be directed to Lieutenant Jeneane Kucker at (707) ...

(Notice the agency head's commentary)

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    So for those who have been watching, have the medical experts for the defense been as good as the medical experts for the prosecution?

The MSM coverage is so slanted I can't watch.
    FWIW, as someone who is not a cardiologist, I thought the prosecution's expert witness (cardiologist out of Northwestern) was kind of... misleading. I thought that Hennepin Co's ME was a much more even handed witness. The cardiologist:

""Number one, he had hypertension, high blood pressure. Number two, it appeared to me that he may have suffered from anxiety. And, three, it looked like he also struggled with substance abuse," the doctor said.

[...]

"Mr. George Floyd died from a cardiopulmonary arrest. It was caused by low oxygen levels and those low oxygen levels were induced by the prone restraint and positional asphyxiation that he was subjected to."
    Meanwhile, in addition to the effect of the fentanyl on his cardiac output, Floyd also had really significant coronary artery disease and a touch of the old LVH from the sounds of it:

I am not even close to qualified to evaluate this myself, but the ME appears to believe that the combination of fentanyl intoxication and significant heart disease may likely have contributed to his death in conjunction with the effect of his restraint by Chauvin. 90% occlusion of the RCA seems like it would at least cause stable angina. I can imagine how in the setting of tachycardia from stress, the combined effects of his LVH and fentanyl might drop his coronary perfusion pressure below what he needed to adequately perfuse myocardium downstream of all these atheromas, particularly given Chauvin leaning on his neck. I can easily understand how this combination of factors might lead to lethal dysrhythmia. It seems to me at least plausible that these underlying conditions contributed to his death in some impossible to quantify way, which was also the conclusion of the Hennepin Co ME, but likewise impossible to state with any certainty.

That's all my 100% amateur speculation obviously; I don't pretend to be more qualified than any of the expert witnesses called by either defense or prosecution. Quite the opposite. It just seems a bit reckless for the cardiologist to come out and say that his fairly significant CAD and fentanyl intoxication had nothing to do with his death whatsoever.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-18-2021 at 08:31 AM.

User Tag List