Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    This one will be appealed immediately due to Rep. Maxine Waters. Who knew she could be useful?
    She is criminally stupid.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Every cop in Minneapolis should quit. Let the George Floyds of the world manage your community.

Site Supporter
    Honestly stunned speechless.

There is no way a community can have a police force if Chauvin was found guilt on all these charges.

It literally is the most insane thing I've ever experienced outside of 9/11.

Its just insane.

Pretty much what I expected given the riots, media coverage and the way the judge handled the trial. He was probably guilty of something, but murder, I have my doubts about that. I see a mistrial coming, especially if it goes before another judge.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    failure to provide the carbon monoxide test results to the defense,
    My neighbor (defense attorney) told me today that the police vehicle was a Hybrid and running on battery, hence no emissions. Don't know if he pulled that out of his arse?

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Honestly stunned speechless.
    I'm pretty close to that myself. It's confusing to me how meth + fentanyl + heart disease/75-90% blockage of coronary arteries + his own choice to fight the cops does not equal reasonable doubt that the cops caused Floyd's death. I can't help but feel that the jury agreed that one man's life was not worth the elevated risk to themselves and the community from the virtually guaranteed rioting if he was acquitted. If that's what it was, then I can understand their motivation, but ugh, that's not the world I want to be living in.

May you live in interesting times.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The jury knew what would have happened if they didn't convict. Have a whole country burn or send a cop to the pen? I think that was an easy decision for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Pretty much what I expected given the riots, media coverage and the way the judge handled the trial. He was probably guilty of something, but murder, I have my doubts about that. I see a mistrial coming, especially if it goes before another judge.
    Same here. His case was pretty much the Boiled Cat Special from the word go, and it would have taken an above average lawyer to have gotten him out in the current situation.

The real action will be in the appeals process.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    My neighbor (defense attorney) told me today that the police vehicle was a Hybrid and running on battery, hence no emissions. Don't know if he pulled that out of his arse?
    I am not sure what the defense expert knew or did not know about the hybrid vehicle, but it became relevant, and a prosecution expert testified about it at a time when the defense expert was on his way back home and unavailable to comment further. It is possible that the prosecutor did not realize it was relevant, but the defense is entitled to ALL information in the hands of the prosecution.

Shipwreckedcrew on the Redstate website is a former prosecutor and current defense attorney with some good analysis of this and other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List