Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Very true.

Mid level revolutionaries are first against the wall. They served their purpose and are no longer useful.

I encourage everyone who hasnt already read the Gulag Archepeligo to do so with haste. Should be required reading in all American schools.
    First they'll have to teach reading.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The way things are going, we won't need to teach "The Gulag Archipelago" or "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" because we'll be living it.

And the really sad thing is that after a civilization is torn down for the Revolution, the government then spends time and treasure trying to rebuild it to what it was before.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Very true.

Mid level revolutionaries are first against the wall. They served their purpose and are no longer useful.

I encourage everyone who hasnt already read the Gulag Archepeligo to do so with haste. Should be required reading in all American schools.
    I also think Darkness at Noon is important. It actually does an incredibly detailed presentation of the way the progressives handle both one another, and the "facts" or the "truth." It's incredibly insightful and terrifying.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The way things are going, we won't need to teach "The Gulag Archipelago" or "One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich" because we'll be living it.

And the really sad thing is that after a civilization is torn down for the Revolution, the government then spends time and treasure trying to rebuild it to what it was before.

"I just realized...today's Wednesday. Only 15 more hours until Beets Night!"

"I just realized...today's Wednesday. Only 15 more hours until Beets Night!"
    Well, my googling only found references to how nutritious beets are. Can you provide more context for the less literate?

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    Well, my googling only found references to how nutritious beets are. Can you provide more context for the less literate?
    In free societies, beets are a not entirely welcome food item, especially on school lunch trays. Some people like them, some hate them, and the balance tends to go to more of an indifference.

In gulag, they would be a super special treat, a welcome change from sawdust bread and fishbone gruel.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I also think Darkness at Noon is important. It actually does an incredibly detailed presentation of the way the progressives handle both one another, and the "facts" or the "truth." It's incredibly insightful and terrifying.
    Was unaware of that one, ill be sure to pick it up.

Haha, In retrospect I see why they stopped teaching it in the first place. They wouldnt dare want the youth to get their hands on a copy of 1984, the constitution or the Bible.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That doesn't mean the police should be blamed for the unfortunate outcome that was, ultimately, predicated on the subject's actions.

The caveat to consider is whether the police acted within the "reasonable officer" standard. Specific to Chauvin, it was determined by the jury he did not act within the scope of a reasonable officer; a feeling shared by most police officers across the nation, including this forum.

Being drunk, mentally unstable, or scared is not an excuse to threatening the safety of others where the police must now allow you to do what you will and hopefully just come about your senses. The police have a duty to act. The police have a duty to....police. Use of force, bruises, broken bones, etc are all normal and natural outcomes to policing. For the purposes of making a point, I'd even say that it's a good thing; every time a cop cuffs you alive and all you got was bruises and broken bones, that means he effectively used force and didn't have to result to shooting you. If you talk to a lot of older cops, you'll find the sentiment that in current day we're shooting a lot of people that 20 years ago wouldn't need to be shot, because the police were actually allowed to fight you with effective tools and groundfighting techniques. Black jacks too effective? Cops get heavy batons instead. Heavy batons too effective? Cops get weak collapsible batons instead that don't do anything. Lateral vascular neck restraint too effective? Cops get restricted to only using very limited, approved fighting techniques taught in the academy (which usually don't work in actual use).

Literally everything we're doing to cops these days is to make them hurt people less...to make them less effective at fighting. So why are we surprised when the fights get out of the cops' control and they end up having to shoot people?
    (emphasis mine)

At first I was going to request citations for that, to bolster the argument, but upon noticing the source I'll personally consider the content unimpeachable. I would now suggest it get carved onto tablets and cast down upon the people from atop Mount Sinai, to literally smack them in the head with the knowledge.

I would only add, it doesn't help that we're breeding an entire class of society that has political support and power, to eliminate effective policing against them. In my eye, this will only get far worse, before it can hopefully get better.

eta: a "Like" for TGS's post isn't remotely strong enough. Something along the lines of Hiroshima barely scratches the surface, for me, as to the strength of his words here.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

What's the Russian version of See Dick and Jane?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    What's the Russian version of See Dick and Jane?

User Tag List