Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    For those who were around for the Rodney King federal case, can you recall how many baton strikes the judge said were good?

(edited for clarity)
    As I recall it was only the last 6 strikes (of the over 50 strikes) that were considered excessive.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but has it been addressed yet why Chauvin continued to restrain Floyd after other officers had reported no pulse?
    Chauvin’s story to tell or not tell, I guess.

I listened to a few hours of the Thursday testimony. Chauvin’s defense attorney was clearly raising the hostile crowd around 38th/Chicago arrest site. The videos from both bystanders and the police body cameras indicate numerous persons, most of whom seemed inclined to use poor grammar and inflammatory words, sharing their opinions about the arrest of Mr. Floyd.

The Prosecution immediately tried to address the defense questions in redirect. The Paramedics were both questioned why they moved the lifeless Floyd from the ground into the ambulance and then drove only three blocks away to stop again in a much safer parking lot. Their answers were the “crowd, but also...”, both of which sounded pretty rehearsed and overly coached. I say that recognizing they had likely been deposed numerous times and likely were named civil defendants at some point.

The Prosecution also stressed that the rowdy crowd should not have been a rationale for the neck restraint when questioning the Minneapolis police chain of command too. The witnesses tried to poo-poo the crowd as being unusually threatening, almost “another day in the hood” vibe. Third Precinct did not sound like a cushy place to work.

Chauvin sounded like the senior officer on scene for the majority of the incident. I could see him arguing he was overtasked with the trainees, multiple detainees and the crowd, which would be a manslaughter play. Please correct if I am wrong.

Name:  D64D09B8-882C-47BF-981F-C5EFE446A94F.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  63.3 KB

No surprise!

Maya Echols, a prominent Black Lives Matter activist, threatened that cities will be "on fire" if Derek Chauvin is not convicted for the death of George Floyd.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1379401279345205248

I hope ol' Maya gets as good as she gives. Fair play and all.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I'm sure she'll be charged with incitement shortly...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    It's Not Incitement When A Democrat Does It!
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Not following the trial all that closely.

Is there any expectation when it will wrap up?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not following the trial all that closely.

Is there any expectation when it will wrap up?
    Expectations are that it will be a month or so, but no idea on a sentencing phase if one is called for.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Put your money on this:

-Chauvin will be convicted at least on manslaughter charge.

-Rioting will occur even if he is convicted.
    This. No matter what people will riot, just because they feel they can.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'm sure she'll be charged with incitement shortly...
    That’s the new precedent, right?
    BLM will probably impeach her.

User Tag List