Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    That’s the new precedent, right?
    BLM will probably impeach her.
    They have to eat their own to stay relevant. Liz Cheney is a good example.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    They have to eat their own to stay relevant. Liz Cheney is a good example.
    The Left does love it some purges and show trials.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    The Left does love it some purges and show trials.

Andrew Mark Cuomo? Lets hang that SOB. Last year he was a dem rock star. Useful idiot. Has some issues with women now. Not a democratic ideal.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Andrew Mark Cuomo? Lets hang that SOB. Last year he was a dem rock star. Useful idiot.
    Sadly, the media thinks that the Fla Gov is currently more worthy of their time and effort as a target. They didn't find anything, so they had to make something up to attack him on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Andrew Branca’s Law of Self Defense blog coverage of the trial
    https://lawofselfdefense.com/blog/
    I've been reading that blog - thanks for providing the link. He certainly seems to think that the defense is ripping gaping holes in the prosecution's narrative on cross examination of just about every one of the prosecution's witnesses, and I tend to be persuaded by his analysis. (Admittedly, I'm somewhat predisposed to be persuaded in that direction, but I do think his analysis makes logical sense in terms of what he's saying about reasonable doubt.)

I'm not convinced that the (medical) truth will matter or prevail. It's all about appearances, appeasement and avoiding 'the fire next time'. (Which won't be avoided.)

This country has lost the will to seek truth and follow the law.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Interesting point yesterday: They showed video from alternate perspective that actually showed Chauvin kneeling on his shoulder blades, not the neck.

This trial is not Chauvin vs. Floyd, it's not even State of Minn vs Chauvin. It's the media vs reality.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Interesting point yesterday: They showed video from alternate perspective that actually showed Chauvin kneeling on his shoulder blades, not the neck.

This trial is not Chauvin vs. Floyd, it's not even State of Minn vs Chauvin. It's the media vs reality.
    Reality is fungible in the eyes of the media and those who put agenda and appearance before truth.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    There is a giant VA hospital in my town, and it has its own police force. When the VA cops are unable to restrain difficult patients, they call real cops. Same was true at my school which had a police dept. Jailers do such in an excellent manner. But sometimes it takes a dozen big corn fed men to restrain one person.

Site Supporter
    I only "know" what has been in the news re this case. Which means I "know" little. I have read none of the briefing in the case to date and have watched none of the trial.

It is clear the Mr. Branca has strongly held views re the law of self defense and the trial of this matter. I would note the following:

It is a matter of public record that Mr. Branca is licensed in Mass yet his office on his website is listed as being in Colo. That office address is the same as a UPS store in a strip mall.

Nowhere on the "about Andrew Branca" section of the website does Mr. Branca list in what jurisdiction(s) he is admitted, what jurisdictions he has tried or appealed cases nor does he mention any case citations of his successes. There is no mention of prior service as a prosecutor or defense attorney. The website does not list where he went to undergrad or law school. Linkedin does list his educational background https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-branca-6a1a1a9a

Indeed a search of Westlaw , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westlaw reveals no cases where Mr. Branca was an attorney of record at all, paying particular attention to the states of Colo and Mass, along with the applicable federal courts. As a QC check, I ran my name in the Western District of Missouri and the 8th Circuit (my primary geographic practice area and courts) and generated 300+ and 120+ "hits" respectively. I fully acknowledge that Westlaw is not nor does it claim to be a 100% comprehensive database.

I know some of you may have attended training where Mr. Branca was a speaker. If he provided details re his trial/appellate experiences, please share.

Mr. Branca may be spot on with every legal insight to date re this trial i.e. " Will State’s Expert Witness Save This Prosecution?"

How he comes to these conclusions, presumably based on his training and direct experience would be key.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List