Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Regardless of one's thoughts on this case, if charged with a crime Americans are entitled to a competent defense - including expert witnesses. Crap like this could well have a chilling effect on that going forward.

Community Message: Blood Vandalism to House and Santa Rosa Statue

Saturday April 17, 2021, 5:46 PM
    Santa Rosa Police Department

Community: Blood Vandalism to House and Santa Rosa Statue

On Saturday, April 17th, 2021 at 3:07 a.m., Santa Rosa Police responded to a residence in west Santa Rosa that had just been vandalized. The victim called Santa Rosa Police after they were awakened by a group of subjects who threw a pig's head on their front porch and splattered blood on the front of their house. The subjects, dressed in all black, ran away as the victim called the police department.

Officers arrived to find the front of the victim's house smeared with what appeared to be animal blood and a decapitated pig's head near the front porch. The vandalism to the victim's house exceeded $400 making the crime committed by the suspects a felony vandalism. The victim's house was the previous residence of Mr.Barry Brodd. Mr. Brodd recently testified for the defense in Minneapolis Police Officer Derrick Chauvin's trial. It appears the suspects in this vandalism were targeting Mr. Brodd for his testimony. Mr. Brodd has not lived at the residence for a number of years and is no longer a resident of California. Because Mr. Brodd no longer lives in the city of Santa Rosa, it appears the victim was falsely targeted.

Approximately 45 minutes later, a large hand statue in front of the Santa Rosa Plaza mall was vandalized with a similar substance, suspected to be animal blood. The suspects also left a sign in front of the statue which had a picture of a pig and read "Oink Oink." The suspects were seen fleeing the area and matched the descriptions of the suspects who vandalized the house.

Santa Rosa Police Chief Rainer Navarro issued a statement on April 13th following Mr. Brodd's testimony during the Derek Chauvin trial, and stated, "Mr. Brodd's comments do not reflect the values and beliefs of the Santa Rosa Police Department." (View Chief Navarro's April 13th statement: https://srcity.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1416)

The Santa Rosa Police Department is currently conducting further investigation to identify the suspects in these vandalisms. Anyone who witnessed the incident or has information that would assist with the investigation is encouraged to contact SRPD through our online Tip Line: www.srcity.org/CrimeTips.

Media inquiries may be directed to Lieutenant Jeneane Kucker at (707) ...

(Notice the agency head's commentary)
    Was Brodd formerly SRPD? If not, why in the hell would the Chief make such a pandering, unnecessary comment?

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Was Brodd formerly SRPD? If not, why in the hell would the Chief make such a pandering, unnecessary comment?
    He was with that agency from the early 80s to '04 or so.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    He was with that agency from the early 80s to '04 or so.
    Got it. Well, at least there's a nexus then. Still an unnecessary comment, in my opinion. But politicians gonna politic.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Nor is this:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...fense-witness/
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Maxine and "helping " are rarely used together, unless of course you are talking about destroying the country.

Oh, and edited to add, while I know this isn't the politics section, how is it she can say that and get away with it when Trump was impeached for reportedly inciting a riot
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 04-19-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Chauvin is doomed. I'll bet money he won't live to see 2022. If he goes to prison, he wont last a week. And to hell with that chief in Santa Rosa. Unless Brood is proven to have committed perjury, then he gave sworn, truthful testimony that was found admissable in a court of law. I guess SRPDs "values" dont include adherence to " Do you swear the testiomy you are about to give is true". Cool. I guess the chief probably isn't down with their oath of office, either. Like I needed another reason to never set foot in CA again...

Site Supporter
    Sigh. I’d like to apologize yet again on behalf of the 1/3 of Californians that still have a grain of sense in their heads, for unleashing people like this on the rest of the country.

Site Supporter
    "If he goes to prison, he wont last a week."

While I would not want to prognosticate long term nor give up any inside baseball, he would last more than a week so long as he was not in general population. DC initially going to gen pop in the "week" time frame would be extraordinarily atypical for any high profile defendant, let alone a former LEO. Ergo the week plus opinion I hold.

YMMV Greatly.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

No one is going be to be in a hurry to do this poor bastard favors. And the sooner he gets shanked, the quicker all the pesky appeals go away. IMHO opinion, his only chance is a mistrial, whereupon he un-asses this country to one with no extradition treaty with the US before he can be recharged and arrested.
    Last edited by CWM11B; 04-19-2021 at 04:40 PM. Reason: SKYNET apparently has control of my tablet "keyboard"

User Tag List