Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin trial

Snipped for brevity:

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post

Indeed a search of Westlaw , https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westlaw reveals no cases where Mr. Branca was an attorney of record at all

Mr. Branca may be spot on with every legal insight to date re this trial i.e. " Will State’s Expert Witness Save This Prosecution?"

How he comes to these conclusions, presumably based on his training and direct experience would be key.
    Interesting. Lack of trial experience would seem to shoot down his credibility, but on the other hand, what he's saying about the case still seems to mostly make sense, which leaves a layman like me wondering what to think.

@vcdgrips

I don't have access to the site "LinkedIn" but via google from the little I can glean, it looks like it makes mention of the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra U.

It also refers to the Greater Denver Area as regards his "practice".

Further, affiant sayeth naught.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-branca-6a1a1a9a
    There's nothing civil about this war.

@vcdgrips I was very interested in your post re: Andrew Branca; thanks.

I've found Andrew McCarthy's analysis at National Review to be a bit more balanced (if less detailed) than Branca's (full disclosure, McCarthy is a former federal prosecutor who leans pro-police).
    Last edited by Guerrero; 04-07-2021 at 12:01 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

I know nothing about the Branca guy. Never heard of him before this thread, as far as I know. In case it matters to anyone, he is not licensed to practice law in Colorado and as far as I can tell, never has been.

He does appear to be licensed in Mass., but Mass. shows his address as Castle Rock, Colorado, and the address is, indeed, a mail box store. So make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I know nothing about the Branca guy. Never heard of him before this thread, as far as I know. In case it matters to anyone, he is not licensed to practice law in Colorado and as far as I can tell, never has been.

He does appear to be licensed in Mass., but Mass. shows his address as Castle Rock, Colorado, and the address is, indeed, a mail box store. So make of that what you will.
    I found his book, (most recent edition), to be useful.

I have found his online persona, however, and the way he runs his website to be off-putting...to the extent I no longer visit and haven't in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I found his book, (most recent edition), to be useful.

I have found his online persona, however, and the way he runs his website to be off-putting...to the extent I no longer visit and haven't in some time.
    He was the guy who got into the online spat with "Super Dave" Harrington. Neither came off particularly well in that dustup.
    Now, AB also writes for Legal Insurrection, and I suspect that the owners of that site are reasonably careful about their content. William Jacobson seems to be a canny law professor.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    He was the guy who got into the online spat with "Super Dave" Harrington. Neither came off particularly well in that dustup.
    Now, AB also writes for Legal Insurrection, and I suspect that the owners of that site are reasonably careful about their content. William Jacobson seems to be a canny law professor.
    He has also been in a few video chats offered up by CCW Safe with attorney Don West.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Sadly, the media thinks that the Fla Gov is currently more worthy of their time and effort as a target. They didn't find anything, so they had to make something up to attack him on.
    With no idea they're pushing him into the whitehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    There is a giant VA hospital in my town, and it has its own police force. When the VA cops are unable to restrain difficult patients, they call real cops. Same was true at my school which had a police dept. Jailers do such in an excellent manner. But sometimes it takes a dozen big corn fed men to restrain one person.
    Ive never seen them restrain anyone but they do have a wall for Officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Here most are mental patients.

User Tag List