Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G. Gordon Liddy RIP

G. Gordon Liddy RIP

Dead at 90. I read a few of his books and enjoyed them. Found him to be an interesting and provocative character on radio and TV.

I got to meet him, after a college lecture he gave in 1987, and had dinner with him, after interviewing him for an NPR piece. Fascinating individual.

(And no, there was no candle at the dinner table... so no display of determination.)

First remembered seeing him on Miami Vice as a kid.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I used to catch Liddy's radio show while I was at the old Second Chance Bowling Pin Shoot.
    One day, a guy who I had looked for at the shoot, and not seen, called in to the show.
    I recognized his voice. "Oh, that's why I haven't seen him here this year."

Another time I was in Central Lake, MI in the fall. Liddy was telling a long story about a
    giant moth that got into the cabin on a ship sailing through the canal. It was zipping around
    the cabin and scaring Mrs. Liddy. It took a while for G. Gordon to catch it and the tale was
    quite entertaining. As soon as Liddy got the moth handled, his wife immediately said,
    "Don't kill it! G. Gordon had to take it up on deck and sail it off toward the jungle alongside
    the canal.

His book was interesting but not as funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I got to meet him, after a college lecture he gave in 1987, and had dinner with him, after interviewing him for an NPR piece. Fascinating individual.

(And no, there was no candle at the dinner table... so no display of determination.)
    Any rat on the menu?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

He was a fascinating individual and a real hard man. RIP.

A picture from the long past. This is the only time I did the celebrity picture thing.

Name:  GGL and me - Copy.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  69.4 KB
    Last edited by Ed L; 03-31-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Any rat on the menu?
    Chicken wings at a Catholic college in Buffalo (Canisius). So, maybe....

RIP...I read Will when I was 13 and it had a fairly profound effect on my development.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    First remembered seeing him on Miami Vice as a kid.
    RIP Captain Real Estate
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

RIP G!

I really enjoyed this write up about him.

https://thebulwark.com/g-gordon-liddys-fighting-ring/

"He did his homework on me, and as we sat down to talk he asked me how I came to go to jail for the First Amendment. I expected him to tell me I was a liberal idiot, but he didn’t. When he found out I had protected a confidential source, he congratulated me. “I hate snitches,” he explained.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List