Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scales for the GP100

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    EGW/Swamp Fox Justice.

Are those oversized grips on your GP100? They look bigger.
    I have the standard size Letts style grips on mine. I think yours may be compacts?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Yeah I looked it up on Ruger’s site. Those are 1/4” longer than mine.

I ordered the rubber off of Amazon. My support-hand pinky needs a place to rest.

Yeah I looked it up on Ruger’s site. Those are 1/4” longer than mine.

I ordered the rubber off of Amazon. My support-hand pinky needs a place to rest.
    If I remember correctly, the scales you just made aren't going to fit those new grips. The GP100 compact grips use the same size scales as the SP101, but the full size grips are use different, bigger scales.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    If I remember correctly, the scales you just made aren't going to fit those new grips. The GP100 compact grips use the same size scales as the SP101, but the full size grips are use different, bigger scales.
    Yeah I’ll make a new set when it gets here.

Yeah I’ll make a new set when it gets here.
    Roge-o dude. Looking forward to some pictures.

I hate you.
    #RESIST

I had enough DIY so just want to buy a set, something more durable than wood, like micarta.

Suggestions?
    Walrus ivory (tusk?) is nice...

Name:  07F1B512-42B9-4932-96A2-3429D7A00BF8.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  81.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Walrus ivory (tusk?) is nice...

Name:  07F1B512-42B9-4932-96A2-3429D7A00BF8.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  81.5 KB
    Definitely hate you too.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I hate you.
    Definitely hate you too.
    One of the nice things about GP100s is that nice scales from Sack, Chigs, or wherever those awesome walrus grips came from, are much cheaper than full grips. I think my Sack Peterson's stag scales were about $80, whereas a set of full blown stag grips for the Single-Six I don't own (yet) are going to run me over $200.

So really, you are Saving Money™.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    (James Earl Jones voice) "I find the lack of Micarta and G10 grip inserts for the GP100 disturbing.”
    VZ makes a couple of styles of full replacement stocks but no inserts. If anyone has an inside line at VZ, that’s a bug worth putting in their ear IMO.

Definitely hate you too.
    That line is long, distinguished and forms to the left.

One of the nice things about GP100s is that nice scales from Sack, Chigs, or wherever those awesome walrus grips came from, are much cheaper than full grips. I think my Sack Peterson's stag scales were about $80, whereas a set of full blown stag grips for the Single-Six I don't own (yet) are going to run me over $200.

So really, you are Saving Money™.
    When I get back into a wood working phase, I have delusions of doing GP and SP inserts. I need to see if G10 can be turned like resin. If so it might be worth picking some up slabs to cut into blanks for pen turning and GP/SP insert making. I just need this raging case of gunfluenza to abate for a bit.

Dammit, now I’m wanting another GP or SP on general principle...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List