Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Primary Machine stopping custom milling

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

My G48 slide and 507k are en route now to PM, so I guess I got in under the wire.
    Anybody got their milled slide back from PM lately, and if so, how long did it take? I admit mine's only been there a week, confirmed in house on Apr 1st. So it's no where near their current lead time (3-4 weeks) but I'm just getting antsy.

And I need to shoot something.

Anybody got their milled slide back from PM lately, and if so, how long did it take? I admit mine's only been there a week, confirmed in house on Apr 1st. So it's no where near their current lead time (3-4 weeks) but I'm just getting antsy.

And I need to shoot something.
    Got a shipping notice from PM today, three weeks after it arrived there (quoted on the site was 3-4 weeks, so right in the ball park.) Looking forward to it's arrival and going to the range.

I'm a little jealous. Today is 6 weeks for my slide at Jagerwerks. Their estimate was 4-8, so still well within, but I'm getting antsy.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Got a shipping notice from PM today, three weeks after it arrived there (quoted on the site was 3-4 weeks, so right in the ball park.) Looking forward to it's arrival and going to the range.
    I picked up my package from PM yesterday.

Super happy with the work, it's like it was done at Glock. I am ok with the "graphite black" Cerakote, the nDLC (?) finish is still under it I presume. And it's a Glock carry gun, I am not too fussed if it wears some from use. The slide finish is now a bit less "slickery" than it was before; I think this is an improvement over the original coat, to be honest.

I opted to have the rear sight dovetail removed; dot transition is a one way street for me and I'm not going back. I really like how the 507k has these little vestigial "bumps" molded into the sight body you can kinda sorta use for a rear sight notch. I looked in my baggie o' Glock front sights and chose a blacked out steel to put on the front for a bit. It's 0.165" or there abouts. You can just make out the tip of it at the lower end of the sight window. I'll see how/if it lines up in reversionary mode shooting without the dot at the first range visit. (We are moving house in the next two weeks so I am not sure when I'm going to get a chance to shoot it.)

Overall a fantastic experience with Primary Machine. I am glad I got this in under the wire; at $160 the transition to an optic was a manageable cost.

Name:  IMG_8749.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  32.9 KB

G48 with 507k next to my G34+507c on a FCD plate:

Name:  IMG_8745.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  102.5 KB

Welcome to the dot life.
    David S.

NEVER MIND!

Good news, Primary Machine is back in the optic milling game. Here is email I just received:

Name:  916169D2-0BFD-4AC5-97B8-00EA720D41AF.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  29.5 KB

The Romeo 3 Max/XL is now an option that they didn't previously offer. Looks like the Acro is not an option.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Good news, Primary Machine is back in the optic milling game. Here is email I just received:

Name:  916169D2-0BFD-4AC5-97B8-00EA720D41AF.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  29.5 KB
    Do you reckon this will include P30 slides again?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Did they ever? I was under the impression that L&M (until recently), Wright Armory and Ashbury Precision were pretty much the only games in town for P30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Primary milled several VP9 slides for me, but to my knowledge never worked on the HK hammer pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List