Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Machine stopping custom milling

Primary Machine stopping custom milling

I just received an email from Primary Machine, stating that April 15 will be their last day to order custom milling, and their future efforts will be focus on complete slides and parts. Between this and L&M, we are losing capable vendors. I wonder if Primary looked at the trend towards OEM optic cuts, and saw the handwriting on the wall.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don't see a "custom" option on their site, is this in regards to truly custom requests or their standard optic cuts and Harbinger slides?

PM is who I had planned on doing my Shadow2 as soon as I can find an SRO in stock (and my car stops falling apart).

Name:  5359A3BB-8D8B-41EC-9920-E0D9D921791B.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  61.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I got the same email earlier today.
    They've done a couple of slides for me, top shelf work.
    I'd been checking their site periodically hoping to find
    a P10C barrel.
    It'll be interesting to see what develops.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I was thinking along those lines. The time it takes to change over a setup on a machine is dead time where the machines are still being paid for and the lights are on in the building, but the machines aren't making any money for the shop. Making a bunch of parts with one setup brings the cost way, way down.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Got the same email.

My G48 slide and 507k are en route now to PM, so I guess I got in under the wire.

I gather they are swapping over to a business model of just selling a turnkey optic-ready slide? Makes sense if they keep quality up.

DAMMIT! I hope I can get my M&P 2.0 compact in in time. Mark was my go to, GJM recommended these guys. Who's on deck next?

I'm overnighting a Holosun to mount on my last uncut Glock slide for them to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    DAMMIT! I hope I can get my M&P 2.0 compact in in time. Mark was my go to, GJM recommended these guys. Who's on deck next?
    @chpws does good work.

https://chpws.com

I’ve also been watching Jagerwerks IG page. Their 509T work looks good.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

You’d hope it was profitable enough to keep the ability to do custom machining. A lot of people will be left out by the shift. I find it hard to believe a complete slide can be provided for the cost of machining.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List