Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Primary Machine stopping custom milling

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I'm well aware of the reliability problems of the Deltapoint in the past, been following GJMs experience with it. But, it appears that's finally resolved. Maybe the RMR is still a better bet
    What do you find attractive about the DPP compared to other options?
    David S.

I'll add Boogeyman Customs to the list for vendors offering optics cuts. Unfortunately they only cut Glock as far as I know.

Fire 4 Effect does nice work also.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What do you find attractive about the DPP compared to other options?

Larger window, not having to remove to change battery, better tint? (nor sure about that last one)

And I can get a Deltapoint Pro substantially cheaper.

Not sure what the difference in concealment between the Deltapoint and RMR will mean for me. Mostly I'd probably stick with carrying irons for now, but am at a point in my development as a shooter that I should get into optics. Plus at 46, it's probably inevitable I end up with a RDS anyway.

Maybe an RMR is the better bet with the P30. That seems to be the one that more folks will actually mill for, and sounds like the P30 is complicated enough to make work as is.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks like their optics ready slides are available to order, $249.99 for G17/19/34, for RMR, SRO, 507, black nitride standard, w channel liner:

https://primarymachine.com/glock-o-r...rmr-sro-ready/
    Well I saw on another forum that they have no plans currently of doing the same slides for CZ P10, which is hugely disappointing. I had figured that since they have so many other aftermarket parts for the P10 that they would be doing this as well.

Larger window, not having to remove to change battery, better tint? (nor sure about that last one)

Not sure what the difference in concealment between the Deltapoint and RMR will mean for me. Mostly I'd probably stick with carrying irons for now, but am at a point in my development as a shooter that I should get into optics. Plus at 46, it's probably inevitable I end up with a RDS anyway.

Maybe an RMR is the better bet with the P30. That seems to be the one that more folks will actually mill for, and sounds like the P30 is complicated enough to make work as is.
    Makes sense.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'll give some friendly pushback:

I suspect the combined height of a shallow cut, adapter plate and the DPP's relatively tall base are going to make that optic sit super high. While I might accept that on a gamer gun, I personally wouldn't want it on a gun I intended to carry concealed.

I also suspect the DPP's footprint is the least future-proof. I wouldn't want to be stuck with an already dated DPP cut forever.

Given that you're not into gaming, I wouldn't be concerned about having the biggest window. It might be a slightly longer learning curve, but better for concealment.

If you don't feel the urgent need to get into RDS, then you may want to hold out until the the technology race slows down.
    David S.

I would suggest trying the 507c with the ACSS Vulcan reticle to start off with. I think that reticle is really cool and would be extremely helpful for someone just getting into the dot game and comes in a bit cheaper than an RMR.

https://www.primaryarms.com/holosun-...t-acss-reticle

Aaron Cowan did a review on it a few weeks ago on Youtube if you want some more info.

It uses the same cut as an RMR, so if you got past the learning stage and felt like it wasn't rugged enough you could swap it for an RMR without having to change anything on your slide.

Makes sense.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'll give some friendly pushback:

I suspect the combined height of a shallow cut, adapter plate and the DPP's relatively tall base are going to make that optic sit super high. While I might accept that on a gamer gun, I personally wouldn't want it on a gun I intended to carry concealed.

I also suspect the DPP's footprint is the least future-proof. I wouldn't want to be stuck with an already dated DPP cut forever.

Given that you're not into gaming, I wouldn't be concerned about having the biggest window. It might be a slightly longer learning curve, but better for concealment.

If you don't feel the urgent need to get into RDS, then you may want to hold out until the the technology race slows down.

No, thanks that's all useful info. Best spend some more time on an RMR I guess.
    Maybe I'll just mill one of my G19s sitting around. My hunch is though once I go dot, I'll lose interest in irons and start to ignore my beloved P30s.

If I'm not mistaken, aren't the new Sig M17 and M18 cut specifically for Deltapoint Pros?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    Well I saw on another forum that they have no plans currently of doing the same slides for CZ P10, which is hugely disappointing. I had figured that since they have so many other aftermarket parts for the P10 that they would be doing this as well.
    Their P10C slides listed start at $419,
    Considerably more than it cost me when they milled my P10.
    I'd expect, whatever PM does will be top shelf.

I am also sticking my toe in the water, and based on other's recommendations tried a Swampfox Liberty. It is a RMR footprint and bought when they ran them on sale once for $175. I have been pleased so far. It also does not require removing the sight to swap the battery.

I also suspect the DPP's footprint is the least future-proof.
    Didn't they even change their own footprint with the Deltapoint to Pro transition? Don't get me wrong, I like Leupold a great deal, and have many of their scopes, but it seems like they are still finding their way on electronic stuff. I would buy a DPP, but I would be cautious about direct milling an H&K pistol for one.

Maybe I'll just mill one of my G19s sitting around.
    As I mentioned, I am also new to the dot. Many have more trouble transitioning than I have, I think it helped by transitioning to the exact same pistol format I have been shooting every week for the last two years. YMMV.

My hunch is though once I go dot, I'll lose interest in irons
    In my very limited experience (probably about 500-700 rounds) the dot is a big advantage but I have been able to toggle back and forth. I have also been dabbling in three gun, and the pistol optic bumps you up to shoot against those magazine fed shotguns. Not like I need to worry about winning and losing at this point, but I have been using the pistol with FO sights after shooting the dot for three weekends. So far not any big problem bouncing back and forth. And again, YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Their P10C slides listed start at $419,
    Considerably more than it cost me when they milled my P10.
    I'd expect, whatever PM does will be top shelf.
    I would also expect whatever they do to be top notch. But as you pointed out, $419 is significantly more than the cost of having your slide milled. I would’ve hoped that since they came out with an option for Glock that is more cost effective, they would’ve done the same for CZ considering their presence in the P10 community.

User Tag List