Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Machine stopping custom milling

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Jagerwerks is good to go. CHPWS is the shop with the recent negative experiences.
    I’ve had Jagerwerks do a couple slides for me, and I’ve been very happy with their work and turnaround time.

Michigan has it going on in the slide milling world [emoji1591]

Jager does great work and Atei is well, Atei.

The chpws deal is a bummer. But have heard multiple reports from different sources about their milling work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had C&H do a custom mill/plate for a slide I had with an odd mounting pattern, and while the final product meets expectations, the customer service experience was...not positive. I likely will not be doing business with them again, but if I were to, it would be for an in-stock, ready to ship item only.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Very sorry to see this news. The P09 I had done by them is excellent, and a good value when you consider the free cerakoating.

A definite loss for CZ shooters.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    DAMMIT! I hope I can get my M&P 2.0 compact in in time. Mark was my go to, GJM recommended these guys. Who's on deck next?
    I'll add another thumbs up for Jagerwerks, but Maple Leaf Firearms is also good to go. I had them mill and add front serrations to an early gen 5 G19 and G26.

Mark Housel reccomended a guy to me, who is also kinda sorta local. He allows drop offs, so I road tripped yesterday and gave him a slide and RMR. very personable, gives a generous mil/LE discount. Like Mark, he's a one man shop and it is behind his house. It's also in the middle of nowhere NC. At least Mark's place was near a great BBQ joint He gave me a four week turnaround. I'll report back when it is done. You can view his site here: dpcustomworksllc.com

On another note, I'll be taking a hard pass on CHPWS. I've read way to many negative reviews here and elsewhere, and a former colleague who was a part of the range staff has had a G19 frame with them over 4 months with a promised turnaround of 4 weeks. He said customer service is horrible and they are very hard to deal with. He and I both won a free milling service from them in a class we were in. He had a slide done, said the work was fine, but it took way longer than they advertised. Took a chance with the G19 and his nightmare began. "Never again" were his words.

Maple leaf has been great.
    Battlewerx has also been solid and very cost effective.

Sorry to hear about Primary Machine, I think the CO rules change killed a lot of their business.

I know that my CO shenanigans were enough to put me in their top 25 customers when they did a run of challenge coins.

Name:  632A6012-7C23-4F1A-8CDF-5B244F8F8EBB.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  60.6 KB

If they can sell milled slides for a cost within $50-100 of milling a customer owned slide they will sell them all as fast as they can make them. I think it’s a genius idea. Hopefully they will offer options outside of the standard Glock/Sig/S&W.

Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    If they can sell milled slides for a cost within $50-100 of milling a customer owned slide they will sell them all as fast as they can make them. I think it’s a genius idea. Hopefully they will offer options outside of the standard Glock/Sig/S&W.
    100%.

My G48 slide is at PM right now, I slid in under the wire. I’m in at $160.

I’d easily pay $200-$250 considering loss of use of my EDC, having the ability to keep my original slide, and having to pay shipping and insurance both ways.

I assume a new Red Dot Ready machined slide would need me to swap over or buy a parts kit though. No huge deal but if they threw in all that, it’d be a deal.

HK P30 milling

So who is the go-to for P30 milling now?

I'd like to put a Deltapoint Pro on one of mine

Thanks

User Tag List