Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: A 4500 family......

Quote Originally Posted by SW CQB 45 View Post
    I have to finesse my finger in a 1911 trigger guard. 4500 has a roomier trigger guard than 1911.

This is a Dan Wesson full size grip and commander slide

I didn't know DW made a .380.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Name:  226AD03A-1E48-42B1-82A7-2812128D979F.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  24.6 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

one of them in the pic is me. Can you guess?

early 1990s training pic. in fact, we are still packing 686s so this is pre 1992. We got G21s in 92.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Shit. You're Andre The Giants' BIG brother! That's a damn funny pic man. You can touch an eight foot ceiling with your elbow, can't you.

I've had crews filled with guys like you. One was 7' 8"! When I wanted to address 'em, I'd get up on a stack of sheetrock or a chair or some such. Hurt my neck otherwise. They thought it was funny for some reason. And then once I was the tallest guy on the crew (10 men).

I moved my mother from one house to another in 2010. When it came time to move the upright piano, I called six of my little buddies and they handled it like nothing. Pays to have connections.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks in part to @Lost River, I have wild dreams about my perfect 3rd Gen.

A no rail 4563, spurless hammer, the extended safety and no magazine safety.
    That dream is obtainable.

If you disengaged the mag safety on the CQB and you would be there.

or took the rail off a 4563 (which doesn't look like it is too hard ) and disengaged the safety.

Since I now have this Performance Center tuned CQB, I am probably going to send my railed 4563 down the road.

I know which one I will grab pretty much every time and I can use the cash for some other projects. I have been fighting it in my head, but I really should.

They really are the perfect non 1911 single stack .45 carry guns in so many ways. As I have said before, they are a DA/SA lightweight commander. With a decocker! And a damn nice trigger. All in a flat package.

If I don't let it go, I know darn well I am going to do what FATDOG did here in post # 23 and remove the rail. I am trying to resist that temptation! OOOF!

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....4563-TSW/page3

FATDOGs 4563 looks perfect.

I don't know about perfect but it is for sure my favorite S&W semi-auto of all time, from 37+ years of owning various models. Mine will be for sale as well, but only when Mrs. Fatdog puts me in the home or my nephew dispenses with it in the estate sale.

I have never had another model that balanced nearly as well. Both carrying it and shooting it. I never even saw one in the flesh back in the days they were actually making gen 3's. Thank goodness for the LE trade in fire sales of days gone by. I know I paid like $379 for it.

To paraphrase the Whiskey Tribe folks, “Carry what you like, how you like.”

I’ve had good luck on GB. Patience results in better pricing, but I have paid top dollar for a couple of things that are harder to find.

I did recently snipe a 92D for a very, very good price. Off to LTT shortly for magic. As DB pointed out, it’s essentially an 18 round K Frame Smith. Though, it will never replace a K Frame in my heart.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Total Fluke Groups..

So every once in a while you shoot a group or two that is far beyond the normal.

Now most places on the net guys cut that group out or save the single group and say they, or their gun do that "all day long, or "if I do my part". The other day before I had to do some traveling I ran out to shoot some test loads for product development and while I was there I ran some 185 grain SWCs through the 4563 Performance Center gun I acquired not too long ago from a good friend of many of ours.

This gun is absolutely crazy accurate. They were built with Briley bushings, hand fitted, etc, etc. The fitting and barrel lock-up is what you would expect on a 3K 1911.

The short version here though is my eyes are not that good anymore. Not like when I was 35. The front sight is a bit fuzzy. I had set the target stand up at what I thought was 25 yards. It ended up being just shy. 23-24 yards after I paced it off a couple times. I shot over an improvised rest over my hood. I could not see where the shots were landing, I just knew they were pretty spot on. Ends up the sights were exactly on for that load.

When I walked down there though, damn..

Yeah..

I just absolutely do not shoot like that.

That is a fluke.

Purely getting lined up on the bags exactly the same 2 times kind of thing. My eyes just cannot see like that anymore.

I understand the gun is capable, especially with a good target SWCs, but I seriously was saying WTF!

I called my buddy at the Milt Sparks shop and sent him pics as soon as I left the range. I absolutely had to show someone, He knows I can't shoot groups like that at 25 yards, so when you do, you have to show someone!

I think only gunwriters can shoot like that. Or all the commandos on ARfourteendotKom.

Site Supporter
    Nice shooting, man. That’s incredible, at that distance. And nice gun. I’ve always wanted a shorty 45 or a shorty 9 to compliment my 6904.

I kinda got the 3rd gen bug, lately… after seeing a 4506-1 at the LGS. I really wanted it, but it was a little too beat up. The bore seemed a little dull and the exterior had been jank-ily polished. So… I ended up buying a 5906. Don’t have it yet, but allegedly it has the adjustable sights and round trigger guard. A la X-Files. If anyone’s interested, Elk County Arms and Anmo still has them in stock at a decent price.

I’ve also been appreciating my 645. It’s got a little patina, but it still oozes Reaganomics and toxic masculinity. And it has always shot well. Though I’ll say I shoot a P220 better.

Name:  93E1EE13-33C0-487A-837D-DAF7714AA93F.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  25.0 KB
    Last edited by MattyD380; 06-15-2021 at 09:46 PM.

User Tag List