Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: A 4500 family......

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I was working the streets when this gun was made. Never knew that model existed. Wow, nice shooting and great 4500 series Smith.
    I had a SW PC tuned 4506-1 at the time.

My guess is 95-96-97 or 98, my dad and I were walking the Houston Gun Show and I came across a CQB 4566 that I too did not know it existed. Back then, gun money was tight for me. My dad insisted that I get it and he would pay for it.

I decided not to put my dad through a hefty expense of IIRC of 8-900$.

when I got home..... sold a buddy my 4506-1 and found a 4563 CQB.

Sometime after that, I was talking to someone on the phone at a ammo company and told him I was looking for a 4566 CQB.... he had one.

Back then, we were not allowed 1911 on duty carry.... so DA first shot was the only option.

My main duty carry was the 4563 out of a SSIII holster.

the good ol days.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Indeed. I recall the first Shorty .45 I ever saw. Mid-'91? Fell instantly head over heels in love/lust. I was packing a 4516 so the Shorty was a huge upgrade. But the price!?! $1150 was ginormous money for me then and I had to pass. After a few years I starting seeing them show up in our gun show of course for much less. I paid $650, $650 & $850 for mine, still a lot of money but they are a lot of gun.

Wasn't 'till years later I starting seeing the CQBs. They were cool

Cat

I got a 4506 about 1990 when we switched to 5906 duty guns. I carried it off duty and shot bowls pins, IDPA, and some informal three gun matches with it. I later got a 457, which was the economy lightweight compact 45 but for some reason didn’t keep it long.

User Tag List