Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: G26 Reliability With Larger Magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Similar thing:

I miss Paul Gomez.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The majority of the ball ammo I’ve shot within the past decade or so has been S&B or Blazer (mostly brass with some aluminum) with smaller amounts of Speer Lawman and Federal American Eagle. I wouldn’t say any of those are terrible except maybe Blazer Aluminum which was involved in the only malfunctions I’ve had on the Gen5 G19s. I have not had any malfunctions using the original 10 round mags in the G26s but not a ton of my shooting with G26s is done with flat baseplate 10 round mags. It’s mostly with either 10 round mags using either Pearce +0 pinky extensions or OEM Glock +2 extensions, or with G19 or G17 mags. The only time I carry a G26 with a flat baseplate 10 round mag is either in my pocket at home or on my ankle at work.
    My carry mag in my 26.3 is almost always a flat base 10rd. Once in a while, such as when driving long distance, it may be found with a 12 round factory mag and riding in a Miami classic with two G19 factory mags in the opposite side mag pouch for balance, but usually when I carry that gun, it’s partly because I want the short grip for concealment, so why would I put a longer magazine in it? If I am comfortable with a longer grip for whatever situation I’m carrying it for, I’ll usually carry a bigger gun.

That said, I usually carry the G26.3 and/or a 642. Lifestyle requires discreet carry.

Site Supporter
    Makes good sense. To clarify: In the gun, I run only a flat OEM (or OEM +2 to upscale) in the G25.5. or flat OEM (or Magpul 12 to up scale) in the G26 2.5 or 3. Because concealment. The reloads are Gen specific OEM 17s. (or OEM 19s or 26s based on locale).
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My carry mag in my 26.3 is almost always a flat base 10rd. Once in a while, such as when driving long distance, it may be found with a 12 round factory mag and riding in a Miami classic with two G19 factory mags in the opposite side mag pouch for balance, but usually when I carry that gun, it’s partly because I want the short grip for concealment, so why would I put a longer magazine in it? If I am comfortable with a longer grip for whatever situation I’m carrying it for, I’ll usually carry a bigger gun.

That said, I usually carry the G26.3 and/or a 642. Lifestyle requires discreet carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Makes good sense. To clarify: In the gun, I run only a flat OEM (or OEM +2 to upscale) in the G25.5. or flat OEM (or Magpul 12 to up scale) in the G26 2.5 or 3. Because concealment. The reloads are Gen specific OEM 17s. (or OEM 19s or 26s based on locale).
    I resemble both you guys.

(Though I don't own larger capacity than 12's in Gen 5 magazines...since both my 19 and 17 are earlier gens.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List