Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G26 Reliability With Larger Magazines?

Gen 3.5 (no rail, finger grooves), no issues running either Speer 12gr +P or random-ass handloads with 10-round G17-size OEM magazines.

I am the guy who orders for the dept I work at. About 150 glocks 9mm (17/19)

My supervisor wanted something small for duty carry desk driving.

I set him up with a G26 and 15 round mags. I got the mag spacer (cant recall the brand name) and his only complaint is the fit of the G26 in a G19 duty holster.

Safariland dont make a duty holster for a G26 and it did not originally fit in the 7360 duty holster for a G19. The dust cover is beefy on the G26 and I relieved his holster (w/sandpaper) and its much improved.

he quals tomorrow... I will be there and make note when he shoots.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

G26 Gen 3, no problems with G17 mags.

Maybe I’m just unlucky. I’ve had two stoppages in a Gen4 G26 (one using frangible ammo in a G17 mag, another using 124 gr +P GDHP in a G17 mag) and two stoppages in a Gen5 G26 (one with Blazer Brass in a G19 mag, and one with Speer Lawman in a G19 mag). The frangible stuff is always iffy and Blazer isn’t the best ammo around, but Speer Lawman and Gold Dot are solid. The G17 mags in question only have a couple thousand rounds between them so they aren’t worn out. The G19 mags are a bit more worn and are my default practice mags.

Then again, I’ve never seen the kind of amazing functional reliability in my Glocks that I have heard some others claim to have experienced. I’ve owned a Gen3 G19, 2 Gen4 G19s, 2 Gen5 G19s, a Gen4 G26, and a Gen5 G26. The only one I can for sure say has not malfunctioned yet is the newer Gen4 G19 which currently has approximately 2k rounds through it. I believe the Gen3 G19 didn’t malfunction in the 6k or so rounds I put through it while I owned it, but I wasn’t keeping track back then like I do now so I can’t say for sure.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

No problems with the gen3 G26's using G17 mags--saw dozens of pistols fire thousands of rounds without issues.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Never. Not one magazine related issue with my G26.3, so long as I use factory mags of 19 rounds or less capacity. The 33 round happy stick? Yeah, a couple. But I don’t carry it or use it - I just got it at a cheap price for the ridiculous factor - so I don’t really count that.
    Exact same experience with my Gen 3. Never any issue with 10 rd G26, 12 rd G26, or G19 mags. Every time I tried to use my 33 rd stick mags I would have failures to feed if I put my pinky on the mag and pulled tight. If I "tea cupped" my pinky, no issues.

For reference this was a 1999ish G26 and the stick mags I bought the day after the ban expired in 2004.

Never seen it cause a problem.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    G26 2.5, 3 = no issues ever with G19/17 mags of varying generations. G26.5 = GTG with Gen5 G19/17 mags. Have not run other generations yet. It DOES NOT in any way, shape, or form, like the same Magpul 12 round mags that my 2.5 and 3 guns love.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    G26 2.5, 3 = no issues ever with G19/17 mags of varying generations. G26.5 = GTG with Gen5 G19/17 mags. Have not run other generations yet. It DOES NOT in any way, shape, or form, like the same Magpul 12 round mags that my 2.5 and 3 guns love.
    I don't even dare put any of my Magpul 12's in my Gen5...not even to test. Strictly OEM mags in the Gen5.

(The Magpuls were flawless in my Gen 2.5)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I've owned a G27 and 3 G26.3's and the only malf I ever had was with a happy stick. They were all icky, so they're long gone, though I did have to go to the trough repeatedly before I was fully convinced that even a Glock fan-boi didn't have to like every model.

My 26.5, though, is one of my favorite carry pistols I've ever owned and it's been my edc since I bought it. I've trained myself to kung-fu grip it Jeff Gonzalez style (meaning a tightly curled pinky like I'm making a fist) and was half expecting to experience some malfs with full size mags...nada in my hands. My numero uno training/shooting buddy managed to get some failures to feed in my 26.5 using some older G17 mags, but even running one of his half full mags I picked up off the range gravel, I couldn't produce the same issues.

My spare mag is either a G19 or a G17 w/Arredondo +5 on it.

User Tag List