Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G26 Reliability With Larger Magazines?

G26 Reliability With Larger Magazines?

I've seen a few comments elsewhere that suggest using a G19 or G17 mag in a Glock 26 can cause cycling issues, supposedly because of pinky pressure on the bottom of the larger mag.

Has the P-F crew encountered this problem, or is it just unsubstantiated internet lore?

ETA: talking about OEM standard capacity mags.

Gen 3 and Gen 4 x2 G26s. Not a single hick up for years and years.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Gen 3 and Gen 4 x2 G26s. Not a single hick up for years and years.
    No issues with my Gen 2.5 (same internals as Gen 3). Not enough experience with Gen 5 to comment.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I've seen a few comments elsewhere that suggest using a G19 or G17 mag in a Glock 26 can cause cycling issues, supposedly because of pinky pressure on the bottom of the larger mag.

Has the P-F crew encountered this problem, or is it just unsubstantiated internet lore?

ETA: talking about OEM standard capacity mags.
    No issues with multiple Gen 3 and Gen 4 G26's at work with OEM 17/19 mags, OEM 17/19 with slip over spacers to match the grip, or factory +2 base plates.

I've shot hundreds, probably thousands, of rounds (mostly 115 & 124 gr ball) at the range through my G26.5, using stock G19 mags. Never had an issue that I can recall.

Site Supporter
    Never. Not one magazine related issue with my G26.3, so long as I use factory mags of 19 rounds or less capacity. The 33 round happy stick? Yeah, a couple. But I don’t carry it or use it - I just got it at a cheap price for the ridiculous factor - so I don’t really count that.

Site Supporter
    The only reloads I carry for my G26 and G19 are G17 mags. Never had an issue. When I was issued a G22 I carried a G27 as backup and utilized the same G22 mags with it also without issue. My newest Glocks are Gen 3 though so no experience with newer generations.

Site Supporter
    My experience with a gen3 glock is the same as everyone else, never had a problem with glock 19 or 17 mags.

If they run for you on the range I’d trust them.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I've never had a problem with it either. Some other guns that lack overtravel stops I wouldn't do it but I haven't found a reason why it can't or shouldn't be done with Glocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Good info, folks. Thanks for the responses.

User Tag List