Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DAO guns - general discussion/random finds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Don't burden yourself any longer. Send me that P229 DAK you have lying around and I will give it a good home. ;-)
    They are tanks, if you change the RSA's as required the will do 100k of 40/357 without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    They are tanks, if you change the RSA's as required the will do 100k of 40/357 without issue.
    I still carry a 229 as a duty gun and 239 as an admin/off duty gun (both DAK...don't laugh). I replace the recoil springs at about 3000 rounds. I still have and still shoot the .40 229 that preceded the 9. My kid's duty gun was 229 until just recently; his agency said no more, so he got an M&P.

Site Supporter
    The P226 DAK I was issued was fine, besides it being in .357 SIG. A DAK is much preferred by me vs a LEM.

It’s understandable why people might not like it, but a P220 or P226 9mm DAK would be just fine by me.

Site Supporter
    I don't think I saw this thread yesterday, but this morning I rather impulsively bought a 92DXR off Gunbroker. Some people sleep walk. Maybe I read PF in my sleep. The gun shipped this afternoon. I should have it by Thursday. The only other DAO guns I have currently are a S&W 432PD and Model 64-5 (I think). I haven't shot the 64-5 much, as I didn't have a good stash of ammo for it before the shortage. I'm really looking forward to getting the 92DXR though.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I don't think I saw this thread yesterday, but this morning I rather impulsively bought a 92DXR off Gunbroker. Some people sleep walk. Maybe I read PF in my sleep. The gun shipped this afternoon. I should have it by Thursday. The only other DAO guns I have currently are a S&W 432PD and Model 64-5 (I think). I haven't shot the 64-5 much, as I didn't have a good stash of ammo for it before the shortage. I'm really looking forward to getting the 92DXR though.
    I bet you’re going to like it. If you don’t end up liking it, you shouldn’t have any problem selling it on the forum.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I bet you’re going to like it. If you don’t end up liking it, you shouldn’t have any problem selling it on the forum.
    "I bet I won't have any problem selling it on the forum if I don't like it," was literally the thought going through my mind when I clicked "buy now." I need to re-read that 92DXR thread now that I have one coming. My 92 Vertec has a Wilson trigger bar in it, and I can't remember what weight springs. If I could clone that DA pull into this DXR, I'll be quite happy. Every time I dry fire that pistol, I feel guilty for not shooting it more.

"I bet I won't have any problem selling it on the forum if I don't like it," was literally the thought going through my mind when I clicked "buy now." I need to re-read that 92DXR thread now that I have one coming. My 92 Vertec has a Wilson trigger bar in it, and I can't remember what weight springs. If I could clone that DA pull into this DXR, I'll be quite happy. Every time I dry fire that pistol, I feel guilty for not shooting it more.
    The general wisdom seems to be that on a 92D you can go with a hammer spring one pound lower than you can on a 92FS and maintain the same reliability. I think it’s because of the D’s one-piece firing pin. I have a Wilson trigger bar and one of their 12# chrome silicon springs in my 92DXR and the trigger pull might actually be nicer than my LTT with NP3 trigger job in a bag. The Wilson trigger bar increases the hammer arc in double action which adds to the reliability with the lighter springs. Mine hasn’t had issues touching off American primers. Next time I take it out I’m going to run a box of S&B through it to see how it does with tougher European primers.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Hammertime

The DXR is really nice. But I found the older 92Ds I have acquired even nicer in the trigger dept.

Name:  9C119C26-6B8A-4343-8446-BD595EE2A7F0.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  52.3 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Read the thread before it gets here.

I was excited enough to be the OP for that thread, but I sent mine back to Bud's due to an angled front sight.

Still kinda thinking about picking up a D kit or two from EveryGunPart.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    The general wisdom seems to be that on a 92D you can go with a hammer spring one pound lower than you can on a 92FS and maintain the same reliability. I think it’s because of the D’s one-piece firing pin. I have a Wilson trigger bar and one of their 12# chrome silicon springs in my 92DXR and the trigger pull might actually be nicer than my LTT with NP3 trigger job in a bag. The Wilson trigger bar increases the hammer arc in double action which adds to the reliability with the lighter springs. Mine hasn’t had issues touching off American primers. Next time I take it out I’m going to run a box of S&B through it to see how it does with tougher European primers.
    Sounds easy enough to implement. I can't find a record of what I did to my Vertec anywhere except in the Beretta Picture thread! Looks like I went with the Wilson short reach trigger, but I left the stock trigger bar in the pistol. At least I wrote it down somewhere. I need to add that info to my pistol log...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The DXR is really nice. But I found the older 92Ds I have acquired even nicer in the trigger dept.

Name:  9C119C26-6B8A-4343-8446-BD595EE2A7F0.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  52.3 KB
    That is quite a commitment to the 92D! An old 96D is the only Beretta DAO I've ever handled and that was for only a minute or so. The trigger on that pistol was absolutely amazing. I'll be shocked if the 92DXR is that good, but it could be a lot worse and still be pretty great.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Read the thread before it gets here.

I was excited enough to be the OP for that thread, but I sent mine back to Bud's due to an angled front sight.

Still kinda thinking about picking up a D kit or two from EveryGunPart.
    Yep. That's my big concern. I know it's a gamble, but I think I'd regret it later if I passed it up.

User Tag List