Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: DAO guns - general discussion/random finds

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    One of the things I've worked in live fire is loading mags with 3 or fewer rounds and then setting a par time that is "generous" with a high accuracy standard. Example B8, 7 yards, 3 rounds, shot from concealment, 3.5 seconds par.

I think this is one real mental advantage of lower capacity guns. They force you to adopt an attitude for high accountability, because there won't be a lot of do-overs.
    Yeah, I need to get over this bad groove I've gotten into, some part of my peabrain must still think there is a prize for first one to have an empty magazine
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Dooo eeett!!

They are going to do another High Accountability class this fall.

And maybe a different class at Mead Hall this fall as well. I'll let ya know what I hear.
    Will you holler at me too? Or does that cost extra?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    I recently acquired a 92D. SN puts it in early 90's production and it is absolutely wonderful.

Comparing it to my old faithful INOX 92FS has been surprising. Having formally instructed a lot of Soldiers on the M9 it has always been a struggle with new shooters to fully explain DA/SA operation, decocking, the safety, best practices when clearing the weapon, etc. For new shooters there's just a lot of 'gun' to discuss which takes time away from discussing good handling and technique.

The more I dry fire and handle the 92D the more I think it would have been a better choice than the M9 for 99%+ of the Soldiers that end up carrying a pistol.

Anyone still use and like a sig p250?

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Will you holler at me too? Or does that cost extra?
    I shall indeed, and at no extra charge.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrascal View Post
    Anyone still use and like a sig p250?
    Absolutely. The P250 is the highest-capacity flat revolver I own.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I gifted a 250 to our oldest son when he turned 21. It’s been his carry piece since. Came across a larger grip frame and slide in .40 (the original was 9mm) and couldn’t pass it up. I thought it made the perfect choice for a first time pistol. He qualed on it for his CCW and won’t look at anything else. I wish I would have bought two!
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I gifted a 250 to our oldest son when he turned 21. It’s been his carry piece since. Came across a larger grip frame and slide in .40 (the original was 9mm) and couldn’t pass it up. I thought it made the perfect choice for a first time pistol. He qualed on it for his CCW and won’t look at anything else. I wish I would have bought two!

I gifted one to my brother. Wish I had gifted him a Glock instead.

Miss the P250.

I stupidly sold a P250 in .45ACP. It had a very nice trigger on it too. *hitshimselfinhead*

In my "defense" it was when I was just entering USPSA and I was after the Ultimate Speedoblaster2000. Shortly after I got bit by the revolver bug again and spent a couple of years playing USPSA in that. *hitshimselfinheadagain*

https://www.usacarry.com/sig-p250-review/

Speaking of the p250, i enjoyed this article awhile back. If you look at his other articles you see where he mentions it several times and put some time in with it.

The author is a member here but I'm not sure he's still around or wants to be called out. I had a pleasant exchange with him about the p250 briefly in 2020 and kind of got my mind turning toward wanting to play with some dao.

User Tag List