Thread: Advantage Arms .22 slide not resetting Gen 3 Glock 19 trigger

Advantage Arms .22 slide not resetting Gen 3 Glock 19 trigger

My guess is that this is related to whatever aftermarket trigger I have in the Glock 19?

The slide/conversion is pretty old, but I doubt it pre-dates the Gen 3s (‘98-‘09?) so I don’t think that’s the issue.

When I mount the AA slide on the gun, the takedown lever engages, the slide stop engages, but the trigger will not reset. Pop the AA slide off, try and install the factory slide, and the slide won’t mount until I push forward on the trigger bar inside the frame, after which the factory slide re-installs just fine.

I’m 99% sure there’s an aftermarket trigger in the gun, but I couldn’t tell you which one it is after all these years.

I have another G19 frame I’ll try it on in a bit, but the wife is still asleep and the other gun is in the bedroom safe.

Somewhat pressing matter as the kids want to “shoot a handgun” today and it’s either this or the Ruger Mkiii that only has a light/laser on it, no optics or sights, as it’s my critter gun and I don’t need sights for that.

Name:  E2320CBB-F1EB-4085-A164-A3943C2ED880.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  35.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Probably the trigger as it matches my experience. Here is a snippet from the Advantage Arms website.

Note: Aftermarket parts such as trigger bars and connectors, especially the Ghost Connector, can adversely affect the function and reliability of your conversion kit.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Probably the trigger as it matches my experience. Here is a snippet from the Advantage Arms website.
    thanks. managed to get it to *mostly* work with the bedroom Glock and made two little girls quite happy at the range today.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List