Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holsters for G27 Gen5?

Holsters for G27 Gen5?

I picked up a 27.5 today on the spur of the moment knowing that the thicker slide would be unlikely to work with my existing 26 and 33 holsters. (I was right.)

Google is spectacularly unhelpful when searching for holsters for specific generation Glocks. I’ve been mostly using leather OWB pancakes lately due to discomfort from a surgical scar, but the ones I’ve been using aren’t offered for the 27.5 yet. (Winthrop, I reached out to them today.)

Has anyone seen OWB holsters being offered for the 27.5? I’m wondering if ones from the old 39 would work, not that those are common. I’d prefer a full sweat guard OWB pancake, but would consider other designs.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Comp-Tac International (black, blue, or gray) can be ordered for the G-27-5/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I picked up a 27.5 today on the spur of the moment knowing that the thicker slide would be unlikely to work with my existing 26 and 33 holsters. (I was right.)

Google is spectacularly unhelpful when searching for holsters for specific generation Glocks. I’ve been mostly using leather OWB pancakes lately due to discomfort from a surgical scar, but the ones I’ve been using aren’t offered for the 27.5 yet. (Winthrop, I reached out to them today.)

Has anyone seen OWB holsters being offered for the 27.5? I’m wondering if ones from the old 39 would work, not that those are common. I’d prefer a full sweat guard OWB pancake, but would consider other designs.
    G30 holsters should work. The Gen 5 40's and the 21/30 have the same slide width.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    G30 holsters should work. The Gen 5 40's and the 21/30 have the same slide width.
    Do you think the triggerguard and dust cover area is similar enough?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Do you think the triggerguard and dust cover area is similar enough?
    Gen 4 30 has a rail, Gen 5 27 does not. Usually non rail guns fit both types of holsters (railed/non railed). Trigger guard should be the same.

The Safariland GLS universal / wide fit should work too for OWB.

We haven't added them to the website yet, but we have the real guns and molds for all of the Gen 5 .40's. You can just let us know in the comments that that is what you have. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We haven't added them to the website yet, but we have the real guns and molds for all of the Gen 5 .40's. You can just let us know in the comments that that is what you have. Thanks
    Thanks. I need some for a Gen 5 23 MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Thanks, Tony - I was just coming here to tag you. I’ll probably be ordering an OWB 2 next payday.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks. I need some for a Gen 5 23 MOS.
    Have you found Gen5 G23 mags available anywhere?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Have you found Gen5 G23 mags available anywhere?
    No, just what came with the Gun.

User Tag List