Thread: CMP Board Meeting Report 03/2021

Site Supporter

CMP Board Meeting Report 03/2021

I just returned from my first meeting as a member of the CMP board. Here is a brief report:

Leadership and management: I am highly impressed with the leadership and management of the CMP. These are smart, dedicated, experienced, talented, folks working their tails off to accomplish the CMP mission. You will see none of the shenanigans infecting other gun organizations.

Finance and investments: CMP is in excellent financial condition. Our investments have generated very high returns. Some day our supply of M1s will dry up. We should then be able to rely on our investment portfolio to fund our programs.

Programs: The mission of CMP is to provide marksmanship training and competition with a special emphasis on youth. We were hard hit by Covid-19 but, anticipate returning vigorously in 2021 and beyond.

Ammunition: The CMP is essentially out of ammo. Demand has been incredibly high and supplies very difficult to source. We are working a significant potential for 30-06 and .308 ammo from Korea.

Rifles: Our sources of M1s continue to diminish. We have also seen a general drop in quality (e.g. the Philippino rifles) that requires significantly more work to repair and return to proper condition. We are now anticipating a shipment of rifles from Turkey.

1911s: The 1911 program is seeing very high demand with limited supply. We are limiting buyers to one 1911 each. Whether political changes will impact our supply of 1911s remains to be seen.

Facilities: The Talladega shooting park has received a 5 star rating from NSSF and is now financially self sustaining. We authorized development of a 3 D archery facility at Talladega. We are looking at the possibility of facility development further west.

Our board meeting was 2.5 days long so, these are only bullet points (yes, pun intended) for your information. Please know that CMP is a tightly run organization working very hard to accomplish its mission. The future is bright.

thecmp.org

Thank you for the summary update. I participated in CMP rifle competition for about 10 years and enjoyed how they ran their programs. They are actually interested in competitive shooting - unlike another large organization.

You're probably doing more for our firearm rights, country's culture, and heritage than most. Thanks for serving on the board.

Cool to see whats going on with CMP.

Thanks for the report and for your service!

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    Facilities: The Talladega shooting park has received a 5 star rating from NSSF and is now financially self sustaining. We authorized development of a 3 D archery facility at Talladega. We are looking at the possibility of facility development further west.
    This facility is an absolute jewel. I encourage anyone within reasonable driving distance to get down and check it out. I shot IDPA Nationals there in 2018 and will back this year to shoot USPSA Nationals in May.

Thanks for that update. Your service appreciated.

I support the CMP. I purchased a 1911-A1 from them last year and would buy another one if I could. A finer bunch of folks you will not find supporting our RKBA. A real pleasure dealing with them.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Sounds great! Thank you for the report.

Thank you for the update. The CMP does amazing work. Once COVID restrictions end, I encourage anyone who can do so to visit Talladega and the South Store in Anniston. Both are worth the trip and the locale is quite scenic. It is a very pleasant drive.

Thank you for what you do. The NRA could really take lessons from the CMP in so many areas.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List