Thread: Unity Tactical Clutch

Unity Tactical Clutch

Has anyone used this contraption? It looks very niche specific, perhaps a VIP security detail that has to be discreet. I want something that I can use to carry more efficiently and securely while wearing sweatpants. I have a Thunderwear, but that’s more to feel good than anything else. This seems to be the best option, but I don’t need to carry a ton of shit. A gun, spare mag, folding knife and flashlight, maybe a TQ. Is this thing discreet enough to wear a T Shirt over, or does it need a thicker garment? The only setups I see as examples for this thing a straight ninja setups with everything including the kitchen sink.

Check out the Enigma game changer thread.

That is a great sweatpants holster option.

Like one poster said, “It’s the solution that I didn’t know I needed!”

If you search the forum you will find some pretty good threads on the subject. I use the clutch as a substitute for a "battle belt" when i attend classes that require owb like rifle classes ect ect. I personally love them and think they are very well thought out and well built. as for using it under a t-shirt and having it be unnoticeable...not shure....depends on your body I guess. I suppose that was one of thier original design Intentions for undercover LEO. For it to disappear i find it needs to go around your belly area rather then the hips. I also find that it staysprettyrock solidwhere I put it withoutany riding up or twisting on the hips.
    Name:  20210328_095400.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  52.2 KB
    Kind of a shit picture but it illustrates my set up ok. For classes I usually throw another ar mag on. There is a front utility pouch I usually keep a notebook and pen in. If you want some pics of me actually wearing it I can do that for ya. Hope this helps.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Site Supporter
    What's the difference between the Unity Tactical Clutch and the version Vertx sells by the same name? I'm inferring that the Vertx version is an authorized knock-off. It's about half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    What's the difference between the Unity Tactical Clutch and the version Vertx sells by the same name? I'm inferring that the Vertx version is an authorized knock-off. It's about half the price.
    I know I read that it was authorized. I believe the Unity Tactical version is made in the US, and the Vertx version is made overseas.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    If you search the forum you will find some pretty good threads on the subject. I use the clutch as a substitute for a "battle belt" when i attend classes that require owb like rifle classes ect ect.
    @JM Campbell did the same in a recent Green Ops class.

2nd from left, vertex clutch worked very well with blue force gear Velcro belt and hook/loop retainers set up on the inside of the clutch. Never moved and was concealed under a med. weight pull over with colder temps/rain/wind.

Green Ops 2 day rifle course in south central Tx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Check out the Enigma game changer thread.

That is a great sweatpants holster option.

Like one poster said, “It’s the solution that I didn’t know I needed!”
    I’ve been reading that thread. Not sure I’m sold on it. I want to be able to at least carry my creds and phone without them flopping around. Not sure I could do that with the Enigma. I also carry about 1 o’clock because my Dad Bod makes it easier for me to find the grip. I find in the 1 position the two screw 5/8th spacing really digs into my leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    I’ve been reading that thread. Not sure I’m sold on it. I want to be able to at least carry my creds and phone without them flopping around. Not sure I could do that with the Enigma. I also carry about 1 o’clock because my Dad Bod makes it easier for me to find the grip. I find in the 1 position the two screw 5/8th spacing really digs into my leg.
    I thought it was a ridiculous concept but people kept raving about it so I bought one.

It far exceeded my expectations and gets regular use now that I never thought it would.

User Tag List