Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HK Still Holding out on a Skinny Poly 9

Site Supporter
    It is strange to me that HK is still making so many USP's. I'm still very fond of my USP45 and I'd love to have a USP9C or USP40C, but not at today's used prices. I can't imagine spending the ~$1000 it takes to buy a new one these days.
    But at the same time, I have an HK USP40 project gun that's turning into something absolutely silly in a real hurry, so I'm not sure I have 'room to talk' in that regard.

HK throwing their hat into the G43/P365/Hellcat ring would be a very interesting gun, and I agree that it's more likely to be a downsized VP9-esque striker gun if it ever comes around.

Meanwhile, my HK45C disappears quite nicely in my JMCK holster and I don't really find myself pining for a tiny HK 9mm since my tiny G43 just sits in the safe unused.

My primary carry gun is a P30, and my wife has the SK (both LEM). Having large hands, I find the SK to be about as perfect as a carry gun can be, for a double stack; great shootability, concealability with a 10r mag, & reliability.

That being said, I’ve shot the 43, 43x, 48, 365, 365xl...didn’t care too much for the 365 & 43, they’re just too small, but the 43x, 48 & 365xl were excellent. This IMO, is the sweet spot, and where I’d hope that a new HK single stack would land, although as stated already, it’ll be a VP model and not LEM.

FWIW, the two most impressive SF guns I’ve held/dry fired lately, are the Q5 Match (polymer frame) and the PDP Compact. The slide on the Q5 feels like a nice 1911, I’m not sure how they do it, but it just feels like quality. I couldn’t find anything to dislike about the PDP...a very nice, and nice looking pistol, and if I HAD to buy a SF gun, that’d be the one! (Compact)

Here is what I want from HK and it's kind of a simple list:

1) Thumb Safety option/kit for the VP9/VP9SK

2) A proper 1913 rail on the USP. I mean...come the fuck on guys...

3) HK45C Gen2 with a redesigned trigger guard so a standard WML fits on it.

That's it. That's all I want. I don't want a single-stack 9mm in any form, I just want a proper rail equipped USP and #3 could get dumped if HK sticks a proper rail on a USP Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Just know, we'll be here for you guys with a moral support when HK stops making them.
    In fact, I wonder if they are making them still, or just have them on their site. I've not seen a P2000 or USP live on a store shelf for forever.

What's the most recent date code stamp anybody has seen on those guns?
    I saw at least two new P2000sk LEMs on the shelf just yesterday.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ....if HK sticks a proper rail on a USP Compact.
    And P30 dovetails...

#railandtails
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Here is what I want from HK and it's kind of a simple list:

1) Thumb Safety option/kit for the VP9/VP9SK

2) A proper 1913 rail on the USP. I mean...come the fuck on guys...

3) HK45C Gen2 with a redesigned trigger guard so a standard WML fits on it.

That's it. That's all I want. I don't want a single-stack 9mm in any form, I just want a proper rail equipped USP and #3 could get dumped if HK sticks a proper rail on a USP Compact.
    I'll do you one better... in Photoshop. ;-) I'd buy 10 of these if they'd make something like that. #DeathToSpidermanGrip

Call it the H&K USP30L V1. P30L slide/dustcover/triggerguard/mag release/slide release, USP grip, light LEM. The USP is great, though the P30 top mounted mag release is more ergonomic IMO (not underneath, resting on your fingers, USP-style).

Name:  hk-usp30l-v1.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  37.7 KB
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

HK won't make a slimline pistol until their target market has bought several from everyone else, gotten bored with them, and went to go back to carrying doublestacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    HK made a limited production, rare as hens’ teeth VP9-B/VP9B SK button model available two years ago... has not introduced any other pistol with a button since... and somehow that is equivalent to “pulling a Walther”?
    You know what, my bad. I never realized the VP9-B was a limited edition. You’re right, not the same thing.

(deleted by myself)
    Last edited by P30; 03-29-2021 at 03:47 PM.

User Tag List