Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK Still Holding out on a Skinny Poly 9

HK, while no longer ignoring the civilian commercial market, still primarily designs pistols to win LE and military contracts. The VP9 was designed to compete for contracts that didn’t want hammer fired guns. They dropped the paddles and moved to the button because most US contracts that big companies were competing for specified that the magazine release had to be a push button. I guarantee you if a large agency issued an RFP for a slim, compact 9mm similar to the Sig P365 or the Shield Plus, HK would design one and submit it. Only afterwards would they release it to the commercial market.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    Seems everyone has jumped on the skinny max capacity poly 9 by now, except for H&K. Why? Because we suck and they hate us.
    They are working already to capacity in order to fulfill big LE/military contracts. And their chances to get the order for the new Bundeswehr rifle are also pretty good. They don't hate us.

Slim and compact? Come on man, we're talking about sausage makers and beer drinkers here. My P-30 SK is supposed to be a sub-compact pistol. No offense intended, I happen to like HK.

It seems to me they have a very hard time keeping up with the demand for their pistols now here in the US. JMO. I was lucky enough to snag one last year before people went crazy.
    Last edited by Borderland; 03-28-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Polymerize the good ol’ P7, maybe?
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I will fight you.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Yabbut the dust cover would melt after the third magazine...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If they do, my bet is a striker fired version. Wish they would do a DA/SA or LEM version.
    +1 for an LEM

*my buddy at the LGS said the HK rep hinted in some way, that this MAY be happening, but I don't think anyone is holding their breath on this...

Yes, I know; probably not feasible, at least not at a volks-pistol price point, but, one can wish. Notably, the P7 was a police pistol, in its day, and police pistols, in this century, are multi-column-mag, monstrous handSguns.

Back in the day, meaning, in my case, mid-Eighties, I briefly used a pair of pre-M8 HK P7 pistols. I even carried one of them on duty, for about six or seven months, in a locally-made custom flap holster, that met PD duty holster specifications. (Sadly, they did not get to stick around, in the lean financial times that followed, as a baby arrived, and that big D thing happened.)

Yes, the HK P7, a handgun, for a time when pistols were handguns, not handSguns. Men stood on their hind legs, and fired one-handed. Try a thumbs-forward two-hand hold with a P7, during the heat-up of rapid shooting, and that gas piston, hidden under the dust cover, will teach a guy to keep that support hand BACK AWAY from that thing! (Thumbs-forward two-hand holds were not yet a thing, at that time, but wrapping the support-hand index finger around the front of the trigger guard was trendy, and that thing would get HOT. The polymer guard on the subsequent M8 and M13 versions were intended to act as heat shields.0

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Yabbut the dust cover would melt after the third magazine...
    Maybe an insulating shroud, to protect the area between gas piston, and accessory rail/dust cover? Ceramic, maybe? Like space shuttle tiles?

I am not an engineer; no idea if that would be realistic. And, there is that price point thing.

The P7, in its day, however, was quite the thing, an engineering marvel, that one one could own, if one could afford the price. $495 was a lot of 1985 dollars

Don’t tread on volcanos!

If they did make something new like this, for the love of God H&K, please let the spiderman grip die! I will buy one regardless of course.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List