Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HK Still Holding out on a Skinny Poly 9

The really just need to make a slimmer smaller hammer fired whatever. Think in between a micro compact and subcompact. Thin but not too tiny.

Rep the other day said keep your eyes open second quarter, for what ever that is worth. In specific question to why they didnt they offer anything to compete in small ccw market!

They need to make one around Shield Plus/Wather PPS dimensions. Paddle lever (buttons for people who insist, but paddles are way better for micro guns). It needs Be +P+ rated and brag about it. Run a web commercial showing it running in ice, lava, fighting honey badgers. Really push the idea that it is built to the max. Maybe include some HK recoil reduction tech like the USP system or at least the buffers. 10 round magazine and make sure it is designed to HK quality, even if that means it is taller than the competition. I wouldn't make it any smaller than a shield. It needs to be easy to shoot well. They need to ditch their stupid oversized levers. Price needs to be street under $700

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    The really just need to make a slimmer smaller hammer fired whatever. Think in between a micro compact and subcompact. Thin but not too tiny.

Rep the other day said keep your eyes open second quarter, for what ever that is worth. In specific question to why they didnt they offer anything to compete in small ccw market!
    Whatever it is, it will be just slightly bigger than everything else and hold two less rounds. And, just like in the 90’s it will be banned from importation.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Whatever it is, it will be just slightly bigger than everything else and hold two less rounds.
    And probably it will be more reliable and durable than everything else. And will be more accurate than every other polymer pistol. Only the trigger will perhaps suck, although this has changed recently (VP9/SFP9).
    Last edited by P30; 03-28-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Site Supporter
    This would require a new magazine which will take time to vet to HK standards. The USPC, P2000,P2000SK P30, P30K, VP9/SFP9 all use different length versions of the same magazine.

A former PF member once said the secret of HK's pistol reliability was they were, at their core, a magazine company rather than a gun company.

If they make the new mag, my money is on a striker fired gun.

HK to bring a new pistol line? I would expect them to kill off a couple of old lines before that happens. Seriously, I don't know who they intend on selling the USPs and P2000s to anymore.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't know who they intend on selling the USPs and P2000s to anymore.
    Come on, there's like 10s of people who would buy those old things, especially those goofy LEM variants.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Cereal View Post
    For whatever reason, HK seems to be pulling a Walther and moving away from the paddle mag release. Really stupid since the paddle is a great magazine release design that as simple minded Americans we just can’t comprehend as a general population.
    HK made a limited production, rare as hens’ teeth VP9-B/VP9B SK button model available two years ago... has not introduced any other pistol with a button since... and somehow that is equivalent to “pulling a Walther”?

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Come on, there's like 10s of people who would buy those old things, especially those goofy LEM variants.
    Just know, we'll be here for you guys with a moral support when HK stops making them.
    In fact, I wonder if they are making them still, or just have them on their site. I've not seen a P2000 or USP live on a store shelf for forever.

What's the most recent date code stamp anybody has seen on those guns?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

There have been a number of CA (2020) date code USP 9’s (DA/SA) sold over this past month - they are still producing and shipping regularly.

I haven’t personally seen one, but a couple of people of my acquaintance have recently purchased CB dated (2021) USP Compacts. The date codes were on the frames rather than the slides.

User Tag List