Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Still Holding out on a Skinny Poly 9

HK Still Holding out on a Skinny Poly 9

Seems everyone has jumped on the skinny max capacity poly 9 by now, except for H&K. Why? Because we suck and they hate us. Seriously though, does anyone think they’ll jump into this? I’d be interested to see what they brought forward. I’m leaning ‘no, they won’t’ but they did give us LEM and Volkspistole so who knows. Thoughts?

Site Supporter
    If they do, my bet is a striker fired version. Wish they would do a DA/SA or LEM version.

With their military/LE focus, I rather doubt it- but hopefully they will surprise us.

I've been an HK fanboy since 1996 when I bought my first USPC 40. I've had about every pistol since except a Mk 23 and sold them all except my TDA compact 9 and 40. Was not impressed with the VP9, especially with the dead trigger issue. HK hammer fired pistols are bombproof and if I could only have one gun it would be my RMRed USPC 9, but I'm not especially interested in another wee little striker fired 9 to compete with my 365, Hellcat, and Shield. And, as already been noted, the US civilian market isn't driving their train. But if it had a paddle magazine release...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If they do, my bet is a striker fired version. Wish they would do a DA/SA or LEM version.
    Word.

It'd be nice to see a slim DA/SA on the market again, other than the XDe. I have nothing against the XD guns, but the XDe just didn't really work for me, from an ergo standpoint.

There is so much competition already in terms of striker fired single stack guns in the market, and before the current market stress, the price point was pretty low. Not a market niche over the longer term HK is likely to be attracted by, just in terms of the commercial opportunity. It would be nice to see what they came up with. The only market for the gun would really be the US civilian market and they have never really gone out of their way to cater to it in the past.

For whatever reason, HK seems to be pulling a Walther and moving away from the paddle mag release. Really stupid since the paddle is a great magazine release design that as simple minded Americans we just can’t comprehend as a general population. I’m not sure we can say HK ignores the civilian market anymore because they have introduced a number of guns specifically for that market. One could argue the Volkspistole was intended for the civilian market. If HK introduced a 7 round or greater skinny 9mm you’d probably see instant market attention.

I think a single column P2000 sized gun, even if it’s was only 8+1 would probably sell pretty well. We’re probably more likely to see a P2000 reboot in a v2 version than we are a skinny 9.

Introducing an additional push button mag release model of the VP9 while leaving the rest of their entire pistol lineup unchanged with paddle releases leads you to the genius conclusion that HK is moving away from the paddle release? Ok!?

HK seems to be making great strides in customer service and satisfaction.

That said, a single stack of any type would shock me.

It's possible, but not probable.

Also, I could be wrong.
    Taking a break from social media.

Americans like buttons. That's why Walther dropped levers. Buttons outsold levers 3:1 to my understanding.

We all know the truth #LeverReleaseMasterRace

I think we're more than likely just going to see refinements of the VP9 than anything else.

We already have more VP9 variants than anything else. VP9, VP9L, VP9SK, VP9OR, VP9ORL, VP9T, VP9B. I know HK USA has been working with Parker Mountain Machine to build comps for the VP9 line. I think the next variant we're going to see is an optics ready VP9SK, possibly with a threaded barrel for comp.

All I want is a VP9 thumb-safety.

User Tag List