Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate long term durability revolver

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Otherwise we're all going to know what's already pretty clear: you're full of shit.
    Having traded a barb or two with jetfire before... I have to agree with this assessment. Particularly the last part. I actually had to find the ignore function. Ugh... .44 anything isn't even really part of this discussion.

The Ruger .357's are plenty sturdy, and probably a bit more so than comparable Smiths for something like outlined in the OP. And I say that while currently not owning any Ruger wheel guns, and a couple Smiths.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I am posting to once again ask Ruger to make a 6 shot SP101 in .38 special.

No, there is not enough real estate on the SP101 cylinder to fit 6 .38 chambers.

Buy a Redhawk.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post

You post your mom's phone number first.
    No, @Pol. @jetfire took the honest route and offered his public competition data. Now, you either ante up or admit you have never competed with the GP100, and/or have no statistical data to back your argument; or you leave this thread willingly or by force. Ball’s in your court. Honesty never hurts and is always respected. This is a technical forum.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Buy a Redhawk.

Undoubtedly more durable but I think it is probably too big for my skinny butt to conceal.

I could conceal my previous 66-8 2.75 ok. My current 66-8 4.25 is a little bit too long to aiwb.

Of course this is pretty academic at this point based on what I have found for sale locally. Based on my last couple of experiences buying revolvers I definitely want to dry fire before buy if possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Having traded a barb or two with jetfire before... I have to agree with this assessment. Particularly the last part. I actually had to find the ignore function. Ugh...
    I don't take little boys with hurt ego's seriously ...

.44 anything isn't even really part of this discussion.
    It's a pretty good indicator of frame strength.

The Ruger .357's are plenty sturdy, and probably a bit more so than comparable Smiths for something like outlined in the OP.
    No evidence exists to support that assessment

And I say that while currently not owning any Ruger wheel guns, and a couple Smiths.
    That would make your assessment more honest, not more accurate.

Pol is no longer participating in this thread, carry on.
    #RESIST

Deleted original post here, because it was driving off topic.

I don't think one can go wrong with a 4" steel framed revolver from Smith or Ruger, provided it was properly assembled and is within specification. Unless you keep up a hellacious firing schedule, I doubt you can wear out either.

I have a GP100 with about 12,000 rounds through it, it's as tight as the day I bought it. When shit got all weird and sideways earlier this year, it was that GP100 that I picked up, loaded with some 125-grain Gold Dots, and holstered up. It's been through four different classes. And as I've mentioned here before, I've never taken it apart to its sub assemblies...I don't actually know how. Because it's never needed repair or as far as I can tell, cleaning.

This forum was to a degree built around the study of crazy handgun durability versus round count, but I hesitantly point out that even with your own reloads you’re going to spend about $5-10k on ammo in the process of wearing out a $700 revolver.

So whether it takes one or two revolvers to do that might not actually be a big deal.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Buy a Redhawk.

Super Redhawk. Seriously. Aesthetics aside, it's superior to the Redhawk in any other metric that matters.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List