Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate long term durability revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I really wish they would do another run of the .357 Flattops on the smaller frame.
    I recently sent an e-mail inquiry to Ruger about the stainless 5.5" flat top convertible model asking if that model was still in production or planned to be produced in the future, and they replied that yes it is. I didn't ask for more details.... But I too, hope they put some out in the near future. I check to see if I can find one just about every day online.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    The GP100 .44 special chambering was an engineering and a legal decision. The GP100 is not capable of handling 44 mag ammunition. The frame is too weak. Period.
    Which Ruger engineer told you this? Because I'm willing to bet that well, none of them did.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This has literally nothing to do with why the GP100 was a 44 Special and not a mag but okay
    Yes, the tooth fairy made it a 44 special. I know.

You probably shoot...a lot less than I do, and that's okay.
    Okay Rambo ...

Accuracy: if you don't think a GP100 isn't accurate, that's just because you suck at shooting. I mean here's a literal photo of a 25 yard group I shot with a 3 inch 10mm gun standing offhand. 6 shots in around 10 seconds to a 3x5 head box.

Attachment 69390
    Yeah, as I said, GPs aren't accurate. Thanks for proving it although you seem to have written words that claim otherwise?

Oh now I see, you think that grouping is "accurate"? Okaaaaay ...

Last, triggers. The fact is that saying "S&W has a better factory trigger" is like comparing piles of actual shit. Sure, the S&W pile of shit is slightly smaller, but it's still a pile of shit. Both S&W and Ruger triggers require action jobs to be serviceable, so saying that a gritty 14lb trigger that stacks near the end is better than a gritty 16lb trigger that stacks near the end tells me everything else I need to know about your opinion on revolvers.
    Thanks Dad

Anyway, post your USPSA/IDPA/ICORE revolver classification
    You post your mom's phone number first.

Banned
    Which Ruger engineer told you this? Because I'm willing to bet that well, none of them did.
    The toothfairy told me.

<ignored>

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post

Oh now I see, you think that grouping is "accurate"? Okaaaaay ...
    Standing unsupported at 25 yards shooting double action and keeping it all under 3 inches? Yeah, that's accurate. But please, post your superior groups! I can't wait. I always love when these dorks who are attached to brands show up in threads like this.

So far we've established several fun facts: you're not very good at shooting, you don't have a relevant shooting sports classification to speak about practical use of revolvers, and you don't have a reference for why the GP100 wasn't made in 44 Special other than your own opinion.

Fun! So anyway post your groups shot standing unsupported at 25 yards in 10 seconds or less that are better than mine, and also your citations for the GP100. Otherwise we're all going to know what's already pretty clear: you're full of shit.

Site Supporter
    I am posting to once again ask Ruger to make a 6 shot SP101 in .38 special.

To say my mechanical skills are limited, is an understatement. Even I could do work on the Security Six without feeling overwhelmed.

I know he'll probably see this anyway since you can click into threads of ppl you have on ignore, but for everyone else: just keep asking this dorkwad what his actual, measurable evidence for the GP100 claim is. I'm super curious, and not because I actually know the real answer to the question (hint: it has nothing to do with the strength of the frame and everything to do with manufacturing efficiencies)

Site Supporter
    Besides the BP test of the GP100, it would be interesting to know what the Border Patrol experience with the gun was like.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Besides the BP test of the GP100, it would be interesting to know what the Border Patrol experience with the gun was like.
    Anecdotally: they killed a lot of people with that gun and it was genuinely well liked by agents.

User Tag List