Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with a MA unrestricted nonresident LTC?

FWIW....

Fuck MA and their licensing bullshit. When you go shopping, head north.

I avoid MA like the plague and only go there when there's no other choice (like going to corporate HQ).

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    FWIW....

Fuck MA and their licensing bullshit. When you go shopping, head north.

I avoid MA like the plague and only go there when there's no other choice (like going to corporate HQ).
    We try to only spend money at home, but there are restaurants in MA plus all of her family. It’s just our reality, and I’d prefer not going naked.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m getting ready to apply for a MA nonres. Does anyone here have one that can offer advice?
    Why MA? I thought you moved to New Hampster.

Never mind. I guess those New England states are like Europe.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We try to only spend money at home, but there are restaurants in MA plus all of her family. It’s just our reality, and I’d prefer not going naked.
    I know the "naked" feeling - when we travel to NY to visit family, no handguns or anything that is illegal there.

Let us know how it goes with the MA license.

Ok, from what I’m reading “for all lawful purposes” isn’t quite enough. I am a hobby photographer that carries expensive equipment, but not all of the time. I am also of limited mobility (verifiable bad ankle) that might be a partial reason. Part of me wants to call the troopers and ask, I’ve found in other states most are no bullshit - but that may be a dangerous assumption in MA.

@Andy T - you were posting as I was composing. I’ll check out that forum (I should probably join while I’m at it) and poke around. All lawful purposes works for me, and is honest. I suspect that when I go for the MA-mandated training class they will have guidance, too. Thanks!
    Cold-calling the Troopers might not work well, as they'll probably be hesitant to give out advice on how to win the system over the phone, due to either 1) being outside their lane or outright prohibited from doing so, or 2) being wary that someone is going to record their phone call and sue the state/them after it doesn't go their way, saying "but Trooper HeavyDuty said I could".

I'll reach out to a Trooper I know from college and see what he says. He might not have anything to offer, but it's worth a shot.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I’ll try to use this thread to track the journey. I think step one is to see if any of my prior training is applicable - I doubt it is because they seem to want MA based trainers.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    I’ll try to use this thread to track the journey. I think step one is to see if any of my prior training is applicable - I doubt it is because they seem to want MA based trainers.
    When you get ready post up a rough draft of your application in the coterie and I bet you could get some good feedback.

And, I’m with TGS on calling the Troopers I wouldn’t bother.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

There is nothing more useless than asking the staties for firearms law advice

@BehindBlueI’s, can this be moved to the Coterie?
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    There is nothing more useless than asking the staties for firearms law advice
    Actually, in IL there were a few old ISP salts (now retired) that would give great information when asked, and that would also say when they weren’t sure. It could be because I had a professional relationship with a few troopers, but I don’t think so.
    Ken

User Tag List