Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P30 Short (?)

P30 Short (?)

...or SK Longslide? Not sure what you’d call it, but I kind of like my SK frame with my P30 slide, using a 10r mag, which helps reduce printing considerably, for me. I’m sure HK will adopt this as soon as they see it, being how they move so quickly on things like this!
    I know people mix and match Sig’s & Glocks like this; is it okay to shoot this?

Name:  F7AEA27A-CC5C-4CB4-B3D4-7F0F2BE5E061.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  34.9 KB
    Last edited by Sauer Koch; 03-25-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    ...or SK Longslide? Not sure what you’d call it, but I kind of like my SK frame with my P30 slide, using a 10r mag, which helps reduce printing considerably, for me. I’m sure HK will adopt this as soon as they see it, being how they move so quickly on things like this!
    I know people mix and match Sig’s & Glocks like this; is it okay to shoot this?

Name:  F7AEA27A-CC5C-4CB4-B3D4-7F0F2BE5E061.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  34.9 KB
    You pretty much channeled something I've been thinking about recently! Not this exact combo, but something similar. I'm going to start a thread about it soon, but I need a day or two before I can take the pics.

I'm not sure if that combo would actually function, since the guide rod for the full size vs. SK are totally different. Does it actually cycle, lock back, feed dummy rounds, etc.? I'm not at all sure about the SK, but from what I've seen, there appears to be a significant amount of interchangeability between the P30, P2000, and possibly even the USP9C. Also, I have seen reports on other forums of someone having run a P2000SK slide on their P30SK or vice versa.

Based on everything I've seen comparing a P2000 and standard size P30, the placement of the core components (barrel lugs, guide rod, slide release lever, ejector, etc.) all appear to be of the same placement such that it seems possible to swap slides between those two full size models at least. On HKPro, someone did that swap of the full size models and reported no issues with it last I saw. If there was an issue with your "P30SLK" (gotta create a cool acronym for it!) functioning, I'd suspect it would be related to the guide rod.

Either way, I'd take both your P30 and P30SK and carefully compare the slides, barrels, and guide rods to see if you notice and significant difference in placement of components and surfaces that looks like it could impede cycle of the slide or anything else. If you're unsure, you might try individual rounds of empty, primed brass to be safe. Either way, be careful if you decide to test it.

I'm glad to see someone thinking outside of the box with H&Ks. The purists over on the other forum would shriek violently about non-stock "blasphemy" like this (Ve do not modify ze Deutsche perfection!). Personally, I think that sort of attitude is boring.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

It did lock back just fine, and the trigger worked. I’ve already swapped it back to normal, so I can swap it back another day, and look at it a little closer, but I have no intention on shooting it, unless I can verify for sure that it’s okay to do so. It was more about how it would look, just bored and wondering...

I do have a P2000, so I may see how my 2000 frame looks with the 30 slide, which would be an ‘in between’ size.

I know that the great thermoplastics magician tommybuilt (on instagram) previously posted a picture of a gun that he made in this configuration.
    I think he only elongated the dust cover so that no part of the recoil spring assembly is exposed. I can't find the picture on instagram itself anymore, but look at the first picture search result when you type 'P30SKL' into google search.
    Contact him, I'm sure he can help you out!

I wonder what a P30 Commander would look like? P30 Frame with a P30SK Slide, think 19X. Or would the frame be just a tad to long and the gun have one hell of an under-bite?

A commander version of the P30 already exists.....it's called the P30. It's already a Commander sized gun. 4" barrel (well, 3.85") on a full size grip. It's already comparable to a 19X.

A P30 with an SK slide would be like a Glock 17 with a Glock 26 slide.

Name:  unique.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  58.4 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

You're right! The thread started out in the opposite direction: P30 slide on a P30SK frame. Only then came this Commander nonsense.

Site Supporter
    I jumped back into HK P30 goodness...this thread is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    This might interest y'all then:
    Source: https://www.facebook.com/lazywolfgun...3006092826698/
    For those of us that don't have facebook, did lazy wolf make the comp and threaded barrel? I don't see anything on their site that's P2000 specific.

User Tag List