Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Model 10-7...

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Good looking gun. I love how these handle. I regreat not buying a dozen back when they were $2-300.

What kind of holster are you looking for?
    Thanks and agree, if only we knew and had the means way back when.

All my current holsters are kydex for Glock 9mm's and a Wilderness ankle rig for the S&W 640 series.
    At one time (circa 1997), I had a nice Kramer horsehide rig with belt, holster and mag pouch for the Glock 26/27. For reasons (dumbassery...) I honestly don't recall, sold the rig.

Anyway, the Model 10, which will eventually be at least two 4 inch Model 10's, will get a leather holster.
    Most likely it will actually be two holsters - IWB and OWB.

I'm thinking Milt Sparks, but just started looking and wide open to suggestions.

Your custom Sokol 3" Model 10 project, along with a few others here at p-f, inspired me to make this purchase and set up a dedicated "rig" for same.
    Once I get a pair of standard 4 inch M10's good to go, my intent is to get a second pair, preferably with 4 inch heavy barrels (not going to spend the money on factory 3 inch guns).
    That second pair will then go to Mr. Sokol for the 3 inch treatment.
    Last edited by tango-papa; 03-25-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    Thanks and agree, if only we knew and had the means way back when.

All my current holsters are kydex for Glock 9mm's and a Wilderness ankle rig for the S&W 640 series.
    At one time (circa 1997), I had a nice Kramer horsehide rig with belt, holster and mag pouch for the Glock 26/27. For reasons (dumbassery...) I honestly don't recall, sold the rig.

Anyway, the Model 10, which will eventually be at least two 4 inch Model 10's, will get a leather holster.
    Most likely it will actually be two holsters - IWB and OWB.

I'm thinking Milt Sparks, but just started looking and wide open to suggestions.

Your custom Sokol 3" Model 10 project, along with a few others here at p-f, inspired me to make this purchase and set up a dedicated "rig" for same.
    Once I get a pair of standard 4 inch M10's good to go, my intent is to get a second pair, preferably with 4 inch heavy barrels (not going to spend the money on factory 3 inch guns).
    That second pair will then go to Mr. Sokol for the 3 inch treatment.
    I think Milt Sparks or Kramer are safe bets for leather to last as long as the gun. I have both.

Ive been using Ryan Grizzle lately and have been impressed.

He has horsehide available as well
    Name:  20201013_121011.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  66.8 KB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Good looking gun. I love how these handle. I regreat not buying a dozen back when they were $2-300.
    I think that, at times. But I have a few 4" Model 10s: A 10, a 10-5, a 10-6 and a 10-11. Plus a 1920s M&P. And then I have two 4" 64s, so I think I'm pretty set.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I think Milt Sparks or Kramer are safe bets for leather to last as long as the gun. I have both.

Ive been using Ryan Grizzle lately and have been impressed.

He has horsehide available as well
    Yeah, I was thinking after I replied to you - need to look at what Kramer has as well.
    I'm familiar with RGrizzle, but had not looked at his stuff in a long time - neat that he's now offering horsehide.

I'm liking the current list of candidates:
    Milt Sparks
    Kramer
    RGrizzle

Thanks.

*nice looking revolver/holster combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I think that, at times. But I have a few 4" Model 10s: A 10, a 10-5, a 10-6 and a 10-11. Plus a 1920s M&P. And then I have two 4" 64s, so I think I'm pretty set.
    That's a pretty damn nice list.
    I hereby submit a motion you post a photo, in this thread, of those M10's.

Also, you're one of the p-f'rs that inspired this Model 10 purchase and what will soon be an expensive endeavor on my part.
    Then again, you are the Enabler of Revolvers, so...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    That's a pretty damn nice list.
    I hereby submit a motion you post a photo, in this thread, of those M10's.

Also, you're one of the p-f'rs that inspired this Model 10 purchase and what will soon be an expensive endeavor on my part.
    Then again, you are the Enabler of Revolvers, so...
    I'm due to do the periodic "haul out, fondle and oil" routine, so, stay tuned.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Model 10-7 in hand

Picked up the Model 10-7 yesterday afternoon.
    It's every bit as nice as the photos depicted.
    There's just a hint of holster wear on either side of the muzzle and, as the photos depicted, barely a cylinder turn line.
    Whatever the history of use, it's obviously minimal and the gun was properly maintained/stored.

Collectors Firearms feedback - specific to their online process:

In my opinion, Collectors Firearms has the on-line process nailed down tight.
    The web sight is easy to use, the listing photos are excellent, descriptions are accurate with no fluff, they do not charge a CC fee and the (ground) shipping is/was free with >$100 purchase.
    I would/will do business with them again via their online store with zero reservations.

Made the purchase at approx. 1000 hrs, Weds, 03/24/21; receipt with FedEx tracking number provided within minutes of purchase.
    FedEx took possession of the package at approx. 1700 hrs, 03/24/21.
    Delivered to my receiving dealer at approx. 1400 hrs, 03/26/21.
    Obviously, FedEx did their part in the process with what, in my experience, is their usual level of excellent service.

I've done business with Collectors in person a few times several years ago at their original location.
    I have it on good authority the new location is quite nice and the "experience" just as good as it's always been.
    If you ever have the opportunity to visit the store, in my opinion, it's a definitely recommend/must do in the Houston metro-mess.

Model 10-8

Still looking for a second Model 10-7 (+/- on the dash) in the right condition/price as the twin to the one in the OP - because pairs.

However, scored a nice Model 10-8 at auction for below current "market".

Dealer/seller auction photos.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by tango-papa; 06-26-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    Nice! I have a 10-8 that I picked up about 15 years ago. I sent it to the S&W Performance Center for their Combat Revolver package and it became my primary IDPA and carry revolver. It's an honest <2" @ 25 yards shooter.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice score!

When I recover from the last purchase, a heavy barrel 10 is next on the list.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List