Thread: New (to me) DA Revolver

Site Supporter

New (to me) DA Revolver

After getting a 4" M10-10 a while back I discovered what delightful 38 Specials they are. Consequently, when I ran across a 3" HB/RB M13-3 I wasn't much taken with the idea. I don't need a 357 Magnum, my arthritic hands can't shoot Magnums anymore. But when the guy selling it for a friend said what the friend wanted to get out of it I thought I better reconsider. Long story short, I bought it for a pretty fair price.

Bonus, it came with a pretty clean set of Rogers round butt finger groove plastic grips. I'd like to show you the gun and the grips but the method I've used in the past to post pictures doesn't seem to work now. ?????

Anyway, it had the original factory main spring and rebound slide spring giving it a trigger pull heavier than one would like. So, I put one of the ribbed Wolff Reduced Power springs in and cut 1.5 coils of the rebound spring. Trigger pull is much more manageable. Now to get to the range and see if it sets off my WW Small Pistol Primers. I'll report back.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Both of those are great. Enjoy!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Can’t wait for report and pics.

That one is at the top of my short list. (Which is NOT as short as my “available funds for guns” list right now...)
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Model 13 RB/HB 3"

A friend of mine, who at the time was an FBI agent, wore it as his issued sidearm. This was some where in the mid-80s. Thought it was a neat revolver, still do. Funny how paths cross with positive results!

Sweet!

I wish it hadn't taken me so long in life to learn about the joys of K Frame 38's.

In the past 2 years I've managed to snag a 64-1, 14-2, 19-2, and a newer model 10. Someone has a 15 on GB near me, but I've got other commitments right now.

While the .357 19 is nice, and I only shoot. 38's out of it, the balance and feel of the others is just right. I say the same about. 38 Super in a 1911, and a 226/92FS for 9mm.

Enjoy!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Sweet!

I wish it hadn't taken me so long in life to learn about the joys of K Frame 38's.

In the past 2 years I've managed to snag a 64-1, 14-2, 19-2, and a newer model 10. Someone has a 15 on GB near me, but I've got other commitments right now.

While the .357 19 is nice, and I only shoot. 38's out of it, the balance and feel of the others is just right. I say the same about. 38 Super in a 1911, and a 226/92FS for 9mm.

Enjoy!
    A 15 is worth your time.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  36.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A 15 is worth your time.
    I far prefer fixed sight wheelguns to adjustable but this is the gospel. The Combat Masterpiece absolutely earned its name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    After getting a 4" M10-10 a while back I discovered what delightful 38 Specials they are. Consequently, when I ran across a 3" HB/RB M13-3 I wasn't much taken with the idea. I don't need a 357 Magnum, my arthritic hands can't shoot Magnums anymore. But when the guy selling it for a friend said what the friend wanted to get out of it I thought I better reconsider. Long story short, I bought it for a pretty fair price.

Bonus, it came with a pretty clean set of Rogers round butt finger groove plastic grips. I'd like to show you the gun and the grips but the method I've used in the past to post pictures doesn't seem to work now. ?????

Anyway, it had the original factory main spring and rebound slide spring giving it a trigger pull heavier than one would like. So, I put one of the ribbed Wolff Reduced Power springs in and cut 1.5 coils of the rebound spring. Trigger pull is much more manageable. Now to get to the range and see if it sets off my WW Small Pistol Primers. I'll report back.

Dave
    The 3” M-13 is junk. Send it to me for proper disposal.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    I far prefer fixed sight wheelguns to adjustable but this is the gospel. The Combat Masterpiece absolutely earned its name.
    If I had to have one gun, that (or a 66) would be on the short list.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    A 15 is worth your time.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  36.1 KB
    Yeah in the end, just couldn’t turn it down.

Name:  20210806_174709.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  59.4 KB

User Tag List