Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winchester's upcoming price increase

Winchester's upcoming price increase

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

The 25% on primers will hurt.

Actually it all will, nevernind.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    If only there was availability.

Availability of primers? Agreed, it’s a problem.

But it seems to me that general availability of ammo is better right now than any time since November. The pricing sucks, compared to even a year ago, but availability is definitely improving (no doubt due to the pricing).

You can buy all the Win M1152 you want, if ~0.65/round doesn’t make you gag at the thought. Accurate little suckers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    If only there was availability.
    Yeah bloody hell I'd be happy to be paying those mark ups right now.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post

You can buy all the Win M1152 you want, if ~0.65/round doesn’t make you gag at the thought. Accurate little suckers, though.
    I've got some and have a little more on the way. IMO that is a very impressive load. I've seen it group very well at 25 yards. It's 115 grains which my 1:32 twist Dave Sams special KKM barrel in a 9mm Operator demands (to shoot sub inch for 10 at fifty yards).

And it's a peppy load. Nice meplat. That is my "war stock" load. I would lose zero sleep carrying that ammo if it came to that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Yeah bloody hell I'd be happy to be paying those mark ups right now.
    We just moved out of town. I shot in my yard a wild hog this afternoon while home for lunch. I then thought about the fact that I may not be able to find any 243 ammo for my son to use this year for deer. We may be making ear and eye ball shots with a 22 for any more hogs.

Glad I don't use Winchester primers. I know, CCI primers will go up in price like everything else. It is what it is. I'm happy I bought 8 lbs of 748 powder last year and beat the price increase. I saw this coming, just didn't buy the primers I should have when I bought the powder. I expect primers will be $40 a thousand when they get caught up. And powder, who knows what that might be?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I've got some and have a little more on the way. IMO that is a very impressive load. I've seen it group very well at 25 yards. It's 115 grains which my 1:32 twist Dave Sams special KKM barrel in a 9mm Operator demands (to shoot sub inch for 10 at fifty yards).

And it's a peppy load. Nice meplat. That is my "war stock" load. I would lose zero sleep carrying that ammo if it came to that.
    I happened upon quite a few boxes of this at a great price at Academy right as covid hit last year. It was, and still is my backup plan if I ever have to roam the wastelands looking for the last few rolls of quilted 4 ply.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    But...but...all the folks on the interwebz said that the reason for the M&P 1.0's accuracy issues was that the 1 in 18-3/4" twist was too slow to stabilize 115-grain bullets!

User Tag List