Thread: Work Sharp mk 2

Work Sharp mk 2

Anyone have one yet? Comparison to the Ken Onion model?

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    I didn't know these were out. Interested, because I suck at sharpening.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Anyone have one yet? Comparison to the Ken Onion model?
    Well dang. I finally got a Ken Onion for Christmas. New and better may already be out.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Looks a lot like the original my step father bought. He pretty much ruined every knife in the house with it. If you get one of these also get a box full of crap garage sale knives to practice on. They work well but require just as much finesse as a bench stone, just not near as much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Looks a lot like the original my step father bought. He pretty much ruined every knife in the house with it. If you get one of these also get a box full of crap garage sale knives to practice on. They work well but require just as much finesse as a bench stone, just not near as much time.
    I love my original but can easily see how it could morph into a Dremel tool with a belt.

Site Supporter
    I'm way more interested in the new-ish Precision Adjust Sharpener from Worksharp. It's a clamped guided sharpener like the Lansky system with what looks like a number of improvements.

https://www.worksharptools.com/shop/...ife-sharpener/

I had a KO model in my cart yesterday but didn’t pull the trigger. Maybe I’ll hold off a bit longer and see the reaction to this one.

User Tag List