Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Speed Six Adventures, Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice.

Might have missed it in another thread?...??

Where did you originally get it from?

this was a gunbroker purchase.

I wanted to replace the dumb A move when I sold a SW 65-5 and 13-3 that I purchased cheap way back. Prices are too high and so I started looking at Ruger Speed Six and those prices were starting to climb.

I probably bid on 3-4 before I scored on this one.

I purchased a spare hammer from Numerich for the spurless option and purchased a spring kit from Wolff. Previous owner over tightened the ejector rod and bent it, so 3 holes were a stiffer trigger than the others.

I sent another gun in for repair and threw the Speed Six in for eval and the smith told me it was an easy fix.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice.

I think this has been discussed here previously (unknown thread), but how difficult was it to fit that hammer? I’d like to find a spurless for my SP101.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nice.

I think this has been discussed here previously (unknown thread), but how difficult was it to fit that hammer? I’d like to find a spurless for my SP101.
    I initially wanted to buy a spur less hammer. They were out of stock on stainless but had tarnish blue steel ones in stock and spurred stainless. I decided to buy a sts spurred hammer with every intention of removing the spur.

When I got the hammer, it dropped right in, but I could not tell if tuning was needed since my cylinder was binding on the trigger press. I was speaking to a gunsmith on repairs for another gun and mentioned the Speed Six, and agreed to throw that one in too. Might as well have him bob and fit the hammer.

He bobbed and DAO the hammer and upon examination, I can’t see any marks on the hammer where it shows any fitting/tuning. Apparently my cylinder bind was the issue of my trigger press.

If replacement hammers for your SP101 are plentiful, that might be the better option and then bob it. When it comes to revolvers, there is nothing drop in…. But Rugers revolver are robust and simple. I am thinking I got lucky with my hammer.
    If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

User Tag List