Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Six Adventures, Episode 2

Speed Six Adventures, Episode 2

My neighbor purchased a Ruger Speed Six stainless 2.75" barrel 357 at a gunshow on March 7, 2021. He has never had any type of weapon but a self shucker. Can't see the stock front sight and yeah it's fuzzy for me too. Ordered the HiViz FO sight for the Ruger P89,95, SP101 series and install on the old revolver. Out to the range a couple of days ago expecting a few inches of "hold under" due to the FO sight is ,125" shorter than the factory sight. Well at 10 yards it was about a foot hold under or shooting a foot high at 10 yards and 20 yards it was ridiculous. Still waiting on the spring kit from Wolff and a set of grips from Badger, the bootstyle in Black Walnut with tung oil finish. Old front sight was thinned about .006 on the sides/ equally and remounted onto the old Ruger. We get it all put together will post some pics.

Site Supporter
    Well, that sucks. I wonder if Dawson's S&W pinned front sight could be made to fit.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/s-w-pinn...-front-sights/

I went down a similar road with my fixed sight 3 inch GP100, there are not a lot of options, and even less do for the Six series.

Site Supporter
    You need this. Follow the instructions for applying it and it works well. It's on all my carry revolvers.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    You need this. Follow the instructions for applying it and it works well. It's on all my carry revolvers.

I second this. Good product, easy to use. Applied to the stainless front sight of a S&W 640. Use a coat of white, with a coat of the orange on top. It pops pretty good.

Looking forward to picks.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Cheaper option: Get a little jar of white nail polish ($.99). Use that as a base layer. Then follow with the color of your choice. I use "traffic cone orange." I also got black to coat the rear sight on a stainless gun. Easy to apply, easy to change.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Did the fingernail polish method as described by Stephanie B, Wife had the polish, a no brainer. It helps, now get some black paint for rear notch. THANKS everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Did the fingernail polish method as described by Stephanie B, Wife had the polish, a no brainer. It helps, now get some black paint for rear notch. THANKS everyone.
    FWIW, on our 640 I blackened the rear notch with a Sharpie. Both Sharpie and finger nail polish on the front sight have held up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    FWIW, on our 640 I blackened the rear notch with a Sharpie. Both Sharpie and finger nail polish on the front sight have held up well.
    Sharpie or black nail polish work, I've used both.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Sharpie or black nail polish work, I've used both.
    Absolutely, just figured he might have a Sharpie laying around the house. Other advice: good to let the wife know about finger nail polish purchases in advance, at least mine had questions when she found not her nail polish bottles on the work bench :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Absolutely, just figured he might have a Sharpie laying around the house. Other advice: good to let the wife know about finger nail polish purchases in advance, at least mine had questions when she found not her nail polish bottles on the work bench :-)
    And ask permission if you're going to use hers. Or your kid's.

User Tag List