Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Six Adventures, Episode 2

Hi Guys, neighbor just received an email today that Badger grips has sent their Boot Grips for the Speed Six. 5 days time from order to ship. Cool! Grips are made from Black Walnut with tung oil finish. No speedloader cutout. In the process of revolver indoctrination. Kind of a fun project, and if he doesn't like it, who knows?

Site Supporter
    Zeke,

Curious as to why no speed loader cut out? It would seem to be a standard, desirable, and almost required feature. Particularly if the gun will see service as a defensive weapon. Inquiring minds want to know! (smile)

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the question. Joe, my neighbor doesn't think he will need more than six rounds to defend his house. He's a newbie and the mod to the grip by Badger costs extra. Hope he's good with a paring knife, or ship the grip back to Badger for the mod. We're on a learning curve, and it's his money,

Badger grips arrive today from Georgia, Wow! The gun has been turned back to Joe as the grips fit perfectly and the MK3 Speedloader we located works without the speedloader relief. Painted orange front sight, with a new set of Badger Boot grips and testfired, here she is: Miss Speed Six, measuremennts 357X6 with 2.75" barrel. Here's a pic!

What a pretty girl!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Congrats on a very nice wheel-gun that should do everything you need it to do!

-Rainman

I got mine in today!! action is a little clunky but not bad. I could not take the cylinder assembly apart to clean 40 years of gunk. I have a feeling red loctite was used.

Basic me Stuff!!!

I too need to look for some bright orange or neon green nail polish (not for me... for the front sight)

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

Hot as fire.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

it took me a "minute", but I got it together. Action is very good now as something was not straight in the cylinder. I got that fixed, DAO hammer with original ready to go back in (takes about 1 minute to swap after the grips are off). Factory wood, Tyler T #8 (could use some fitting but feels good in the hand) and Blaze Orange front sight. Timing is perfect.

If you're going to be a bear….be a GRIZZLY!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Nice.

Might have missed it in another thread?...??

Where did you originally get it from?
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List