Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended serious use AR mags?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Not sure if I mentioned this, but last year, I took all my M2 mags and put them on consignment at the LGS. By waiting five minutes and ordering when they came in stock online, I replaced them with current-rev M3s for less than I got for the M2s, so I ended up with more M3s than I had M2s before.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-14-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Ya I sold all my Gen 2’s that I was using then sold my Gen 3’s still in the bag. Replaced them with windowed Gen 3’s for $1 less. It’s crazy that folks don’t know but a place or two to buy from and the panic sets in when they show out of stock.

Site Supporter
    Is anyone buying 10 rd mags in case of a mag ban?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You will have plenty of time after the ban to do that.

Ask me how I know 🤬

Absolutely not.

I skipped over that and cut all my ARs in half because who even needs those weapons of war??

I taught my daughter to lay still and pray, that way if she’s being raped or robbed, maybe the perp won’t hurt her.

If you’re interested in complying, comply.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I skipped over that and cut all my ARs in half because who even needs those weapons of war??

I taught my daughter to lay still and pray, that way if she’s being raped or robbed, maybe the perp won’t hurt her.
    at
    If you’re interested in complying, comply.
    My age is such that these laws may have little effect on me. But I urge younger persons to avoid becoming a felon if magazine capacity is the issue. I have owned at least 400 AR magazines which I bought and sold over the years. I'm sitting on a stash now. Likewise, I have forgot how many AR's I have owned. I'm not dumb enough to let the magazines or the rifles, legal now, send me to prison. But that is each person's call.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I have some Gen 1 and Gen 2 PMAGS that wouldn’t drop free from a couple different Colt lowers I had that drop just fine from my Daniel Defense SBR lower. It can be a real thing.
    It's a real thing for me. Two LMT lowers, one bought in 2011, the other 2016. The older lower has no issues with G1,2,3 pmags. With the younger lower the P1 pmags have to forced in and pulled out, they function but drop free is out ! G2's are better, G3's are best.

My age is such that these laws may have little effect on me. But I urge younger persons to avoid becoming a felon if magazine capacity is the issue. I have owned at least 400 AR magazines which I bought and sold over the years. I'm sitting on a stash now. Likewise, I have forgot how many AR's I have owned. I'm not dumb enough to let the magazines or the rifles, legal now, send me to prison. But that is each person's call.
    If they’re just toys to you, then turn ‘em in and comply if it ever comes to that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    If they’re just toys to you, then turn ‘em in and comply if it ever comes to that.
    My family owned a MP-40 and French MAS. One neighbor owned a M3 grease gun, and another had a German M-34 under his bed. Two other guys possessed a Browning M2. These were war trophies except for the M2. I am writing about things occurring from 1945 after the war. They were illegal. Today, if you owned these weapons, and if your choice was prison or surrender, what would you do? None involved in my example went to prison.

User Tag List