Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended serious use AR mags?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My family owned a MP-40 and French MAS. One neighbor owned a M3 grease gun, and another had a German M-34 under his bed. Two other guys possessed a Browning M2. These were war trophies except for the M2. I am writing about things occurring from 1945 after the war. They were illegal. Today, if you owned these weapons, and if your choice was prison or surrender, what would you do? None involved in my example went to prison.
    What makes you think those are the only two options?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    What makes you think those are the only two options?
    Note the word "today". Today they are not eligible for registration if illegal.

Site Supporter
    Note the word "today". Today they are not eligible for registration if illegal.
    What makes you think that registration is the only other option ?

Site Supporter
    Let me clarify my position on federal legislation. If Items in my possession become illegal, and if keeping them puts me at risk of becoming a felon, then I will dispose of them. I wish not to spend what little money I have on legal fees. I wish not to subject my wife to the stress that would accompany the legal problem. I wish not to lose my good name by going to prison. Having worked in jails and prisons convinced me that I do not want to become a resident of one.

If legislation does place AR's and their magazines under class 3 rules, then I will keep one carbine and some magazines by completing the paperwork and paying the tax.

This the tech forum. the politics forum is over there -->

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    This the tech forum. the politics forum is over there -->
    Excellent point!!!

Thank you.

Let me clarify my position on federal legislation. If Items in my possession become illegal, and if keeping them puts me at risk of becoming a felon, then I will dispose of them. I wish not to spend what little money I have on legal fees. I wish not to subject my wife to the stress that would accompany the legal problem. I wish not to lose my good name by going to prison. Having worked in jails and prisons convinced me that I do not want to become a resident of one.

If legislation does place AR's and their magazines under class 3 rules, then I will keep one carbine and some magazines by completing the paperwork and paying the tax.
    Some people get it, some people don’t.

You are what is known as a subject. Not everyone is.

Throughout my working life I came to know, at least in passing, the majority of the LEO's in Kansas. Each Sheriff's election I would hear the scuttlebutt from numerous agencies 'Jimmy say's if John gets elected he's quitting.' Same thing when Chief's positions came open - 'if my guy doesn't get it I'm walking. Most of those folks hung around. Things be different when the reality that you have a family and bills to pay hits home.

Somehow I think a lot of folks will change their tune if and when what we fear becomes reality.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Yeah, let's try to keep this thread on topic. Less about spooky ban politics, more about AR mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yeah, let's try to keep this thread on topic. Less about spooky ban politics, more about AR mags.
    I remember seeing a series of videos by Dan Bartocci (Small Arms Solutions) posted throughout the last couple of months about AR magazines. I didn’t watch them all, I think there are three now, but I remember the one I did watch had pretty much the same recommendations provided early in this thread: Magpul GenM3 PMags and Lancer AWMs for polymer mags, and the Okay Industries for aluminum mags were the best and everything else was ranged from pretty good to hot garbage.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List