Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I guess I made a couple USPSA guys mad

We've always had a "combined divisions" results sheet.
    WT09 is the club, but there are no results listed on the USPSA web site.
    If you shoot much in west Texas you know 2 of the guys who beat me, Jordan and Terry Ohlman.

Match results. Nice shooting! I'm kind of surprised at what a small match match it was, you'd think that West Texas would have a more robust action shooting community. We routinely get 60+ shooters for club level matches up here in the rainy NW.

Not sure I'm familiar with the FAST drill. What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
    Not sure I'm familiar with the FAST drill. What is it?
    http://pistol-training.com/drills/fa...acy-speed-test

it was made by some Todd Green guy... I don't know why he calls himself green, he seems to like Orange a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Match results. Nice shooting! I'm kind of surprised at what a small match match it was, you'd think that West Texas would have a more robust action shooting community. We routinely get 60+ shooters for club level matches up here in the rainy NW.
    The weather was fricken cold and windy that day, hence the low turnout.
    I don't know why I thought Terry was a B shooter.
    I'd have done better but completely FUBAR'd the 5th stage with some crappy weak hand only shooting.

Sounds like Tejas USPSA shooters need to HTFU.

I am still at a loss to get an IDPA match going in NoVA. USPSA would be even better.
    #RESIST

When I lived in Herndon, there used to be an IDPA league at the NRA HQ range. It seems to have gone the way of the dodo, but I'd imagine that you'd be able to find enough shooters to get people involved in that. The problem with indoor leagues is you're limited on stage design, and most ranges don't want to do them when people are actually free (i.e. weekends) because that's when the range makes furious bank.

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure legit USPSA GM's who average sub one second draws, who regularly practice head shots at 35 yards, and who can hit sub one second reloads would really struggle with beating 9 seconds on the FAST drill.

I mean, let's not forget that the current record holder is also a USPSA GM, and that we can easily find videos of other GM's (Ben Stoeger, Mike Seeklander) shooting some pretty impressive times.
    Read post #4. I realize that there are some great USPSA shooters out there but this was a couple local guys who are GM's and couldn't make it happen. Since the FAST drill is testing several fundamental pistol skills, I assume it showed a flaw in one or more of their skills.

My guess is that they are trading speed for accuracy. I shot with this group once and made a ton of A zone hits but my speed was not there. One of the guys commented that if I am making a large percentage of A's then I am probably going too slow. Training for accurate hits with a defense mindset is more important to me but it was a good time and will probably do it again sometime.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Banned
    Who are the local GM's in Utah?

At the GM level if you're not shooting 95% of the available points at a match you're not going to win, and while attaining GM doesn't mean their fundamentals are perfect, it does mean they should have the fundamentals necessary to perform well on the FAST.

User Tag List