Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IPSC World Shoot Greece

IPSC World Shoot Greece

So who's going? I leave on the 25th and will be shooting in Czech and Germany after as well.
    It would be kind of cool to see daily reports up here from those of us in attendance, if the Internets and Wifis cooperate. (Todd I promise to do better than last time).
    Perhaps even a Pistol-Training/Forum meet and greet? Or at the least group photo?
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

or not..

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Dude I wish.

We are diminished
    Have fun, though. Remember to convert all your cash to local currency as soon as you land.

watching the exchange rates drop over the last week, I think I will just use my ATM and take a few hundred Euro cash with me.

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I also wish I could be there. Maybe in 20whenever for the next one.

We are diminished
    Here's an idea... why don't they hold the next one in whichever country has the most practical pistol shooters. Hrmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Here's an idea... why don't they hold the next one in whichever country has the most practical pistol shooters. Hrmmmmmm...
    Madness. And besides, that would defeat the whole purpose of IPSC, which is (apparently) to have a shooting sport that doesn't really have any of those dirty Americans playing it.

Or you could come to the IDPA World Shoot! In Florida! Where it's apparently pouring.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    You mean the Philippines?

Seriously though I do understand the reasining some of the time. The WS is not just about shooting, its about the entire ambiance and culture surrounding the Host org. So let's see Greece, cradle of modern thinking and logic with some cool ass ruins, or miles of corn fields in nowhereville. Huge overhead costs in a 1st world country or some pocket padding 3rd world?
    Not hard to see why its been the way its been. But perhaps this year will be the USA's turn, I hope so.
    Although Thailand.......hmmmmmmmmMnowhereville. Huge overhead costs in a 1st world country or some pocket padding 3rd world?
    Not hard to see why its been the way its been. But perhaps this year will be the USA's turn, I hope so.
    Although Thailand.......hmmmmmmmmM

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

All we really need to win is for Eric Grauffel to fall off a train or something.

Or maybe, just maybe have USPSA give up on the metric targets with the headbox and switch to the amoeba target anyway, which has a smaller a-zone and is harder to hose.

User Tag List