Thread: A Ray of 9mm hope

A Ray of 9mm hope

I went to a local gunshow yesterday and saw 9mm ammo from second and third tier ammo manufacturers selling at inflated prices: 75 to 100 dollars a hundred. I have a bit of ammo so held off and didn't lighten the scalpers load. A gun show I had attended on 3/7/21 with 300 tables and not one round of 9mm.

Today I went to my Sportsman's Warehouse and picked up a 100 pack of Whitebox Winchester 9mm for $27.50. A ray of hope

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    I went to a local gunshow yesterday and saw 9mm ammo from second and third tier ammo manufacturers selling at inflated prices: 75 to 100 dollars a hundred. I have a bit of ammo so held off and didn't lighten the scalpers load. A gun show I had attended on 3/7/21 with 300 tables and not one round of 9mm.

Today I went to my Sportsman's Warehouse and picked up a 100 pack of Whitebox Winchester 9mm for $27.50. A ray of hope
    It is amazing that just a few years ago I paid a similar price for 100 rounds equivalent ($280 for 1K) of Federal XM9001 contract overrun Canadian issue 115 grain HP.
    Haven't seen that for sale in a while and hate to think what it would sell for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post

What would have been a fair mark-up for the gun-show ammo? Do you know what the "scalpers" paid for the ammo?

If you had 5k rounds of ammo to sell how much would you mark it up?

We’re in that intersection of pricing inertia- supplies of staple ammo (9mm 124 ball) have recently increased considerably, but some prices are lagging behind.

User Tag List