Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Went to pick up my brand new FK BRNO 7.5mm and ...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Flexin' on the poors with a "cheap" $2000 pistol.

Well, since we've moved past toilet paper hoarding this is the best way to go back to flexing on the poors. That or post a picture of large amounts of ammunition.

I'll be very curious as to what BRNO says was the problem here. I suspect as others have stipulated, it was a firing pin stop that was either not properly fit or wasn't fully in place when the gun shipped. Seems odd though, since this gun theoretically underwent test firing at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Flexin' on the poors with a "cheap" $2000 pistol.

Well they could always flex back with a Lorcin that doesn't self disassemble when cycled. Then again that would mean handling a Lorcin [*SHUDDERS SILENTLY*] :-P

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I'll be very curious as to what BRNO says was the problem here.
    They did say - although admittedly I did not make mention that the comments came from BRNO. I have to make myself look smart every now and again right?

"I had dried fired the gun and the firing pin got stuck which allowed the retainer plate to slip out. When the firing pin became unstuck, presumably when I cycled the gun, it came flying out the back followed by the firing pin block. "

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrkBlue View Post
    I believe cheap is a relative term...

Good to hear BRNO is handling it, but also want to hear your no holds barred commentary when it actually stays together enough to shoot. Very cool gun regardless. Sort of a 21st Century Mars pistol.
    I really meant to say "cheaper" but the mind was faster than the finger in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    I really meant to say "cheaper" but the mind was faster than the finger in my case.
    Just dogging on ya out of jealousy. Cool purchase and I expect lots of folks will be interested.
    Still darn frustrating start.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-hand-cannon/

Here's a mostly very positive review.

I find myself increasingly interested in this gun. 2020/2021 has put the ammo cost into perspective, and I feel like I might jump on a gen 2 version down the road.

My understanding is FK Brno has no connection with CZ. They are completely different companies.

CZ is a very big company with a vast array of excellent products while FK Brno is a little boutique named after its founder, Faisal Khudairi.

FK BRNO states that Faisal Khudairi is neither the founder of nor the owner of FK BRNO.
    Last edited by UpDok; 04-14-2021 at 05:27 PM.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

I have both their offerings and love both of them. Super high quality, with extreme accuracy. The round is incredible. While I haven't chronographed the PSD, my Field Pistol averaged 2119 fps in five shots with a 95 gr bullet for about 950 ft/lbs of energy.

Its accurate beyond 150 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    My understanding is FK Brno has no connection with CZ. They are completely different companies.

CZ is a very big company with a vast array of excellent products while FK Brno is a little boutique named after its founder, Faisal Khudairi.

I hope this info doesn't burst anybody's bubbles
    Yes, two completely different companies and their guns are much different, despite using the same basic design.

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post

I hope this info doesn't burst anybody's bubbles
    FKBrno.com has contacted me in an official capacity to state that it is not named after nor was it founded by Faisal Khudairi.
    #RESIST

User Tag List