Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Glock 48 is dumb: Change My Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    If you want to hate Glocks just say so.

For a couple of the people I spoke of they also needed a retention holster.

Try to find support gear for an APX, etc.

Going with a solid, easy to shoot well, easy to get armorer support for, extremely easy to detail strip for cleaning, easy to get parts/sights/holsters/etc for choice IMHO vastly outwieghs a theoretical advantage in a few more BBs.
    I agree with all of this, 100%. The only reason I don’t have Glocks is I live in Connecticut and we’re limited to 10 round magazines. As far as I know Glock hasn’t come out with a reliable double stack 10 round magazine. If they did I would have Glocks because the advantages listed are a big deal in my opinion.

I’m currently trying out a CZ P10C, which is basically a Glock 19 without the easy support/parts/holsters/etc. So far, I don’t have any issues with the gun, but it’s a real pain in the ass trying to find holsters/magazines/parts etc (it’s enough of a pain that I question my decision and consider switching platforms to, well I don’t know what).

My CZ P10C fits in every Glock 19 holster I own. Do you have a specific holster you are looking for?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zpelletier View Post
    I agree with all of this, 100%. The only reason I don’t have Glocks is I live in Connecticut and we’re limited to 10 round magazines. As far as I know Glock hasn’t come out with a reliable double stack 10 round magazine. If they did I would have Glocks because the advantages listed are a big deal in my opinion.

I’m currently trying out a CZ P10C, which is basically a Glock 19 without the easy support/parts/holsters/etc. So far, I don’t have any issues with the gun, but it’s a real pain in the ass trying to find holsters/magazines/parts etc (it’s enough of a pain that I question my decision and consider switching platforms to, well I don’t know what).
    I've had good luck with JMCK, TT Gun Leather, Greg Cote Magazines, Cajun Gun Work's and CZ Custom

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    My CZ P10C fits in every Glock 19 holster I own. Do you have a specific holster you are looking for?
    Mine fits in none of my Glock 19 holsters unfortunately. I’m currently issuing a Phlster Classic, it’s very well made but I’m not a fan of the molded in wedge, so I’m not sure what holster is next.

My point was that, in moving away from Glocks, I’ve realized how much of an advantage Glock has in terms of support/aftermarket.

My G19 is consistently more comfortable to carry AIWB than my G43 in a G48 holster (so its not because the G43 is a shorter slide). I can not for the life of me wrap my head around why that is the case, but since it is, the G48 seems like it would also have no purpose for me. I shot one and shot it much worse than the 19 because its too small. I think the answer probably has to do with people with small hands who want full-size guns, but since I have big hands the 19 is better.
    Join FPC

User Tag List